- Taurus rocket, an American space launch vehicle
- Taurus missile KEPD 150/350, a Swedish/German cruise missile
- HMS Taurus, two ships of the Royal Navy
- USNS Taurus (T-AK-273)
- USS Taurus (PHM-3), a hydrofoil formerly operated by the United States Navy
- Bristol Taurus, a 14-cylinder two-row radial aircraft engine
- Taurus Armoured Recovery Vehicle, a Canadian ARV based on the Leopard 1 tank
- ST Taurus a tug in service with Panfido Rim., Italy 1949-84.
- Taurus (locomotive), a widely known name for the EuroSprinter 64 U+ locomotive
- Marketing name of the Eurosprinter ES 64 U family of electric locomotives
- Ford Taurus, currently a full-size (mid-size from 1986-present) car by the Ford Motor Company
- South Devon Railway locomotive Taurus, a 0-6-0ST steam locomotive
- The Taurus Express (Toros Ekspresi), a Turkish passenger train
- Pipistrel Taurus, a 2 seat, self launching ultralight sailplane
- Taurus Bike
Read more about this topic: Taurus
Other articles related to "vehicles, vehicle":
... The ferry carries more than one million vehicles and 2.5 million passengers each year ... Occupants of vehicles (including drivers) are counted as passengers ... Ferry patronage is still high for vehicles, but has fallen away to minimal numbers for foot passengers ...
... in its mission, upon its system of communications and upon vehicles suited to the needs of the job and to the condition of the German roads ... while excellent for combat, did not prove to be the best vehicle for Constabulary patrol work ... were better maintained, the sedan would be a more satisfactory patrol vehicle ...
... If it is used to shut down vehicles and machinery if the operator loses control or is ejected, then it is called dead man's switch ... Kill switches are also used on land vehicles as an Anti-theft system and as an emergency power off ...
... The disadvantages of LH2/LOX engines are the low density and low temperature of liquid hydrogen, which means bigger and insulated and thus heavier fuel tanks are needed ... This increases the rocket's structural mass and decreases its efficiency somewhat ...
... Plug-in hybrid electric vehicles, or PHEVs, are hybrid vehicles that can be plugged into the electric grid and contain an electric motor and also an ICE or other engine ... The PHEV concept augments standard hybrid electric vehicles with the ability to recharge their batteries from an external source while parked, enabling increased use of the ... As of 2009, "the total well-to-wheels efficiency with which a hydrogen fuel cell vehicle might utilize renewable electricity is roughly 20% (although that number could rise to 25 ...
Famous quotes containing the word vehicles:
“Only by the supernatural is a man strong; nothing is so weak as an egotist. Nothing is mightier than we, when we are vehicles of a truth before which the state and the individual are alike ephemeral.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“Television programming for children need not be saccharine or insipid in order to give to violence its proper balance in the scheme of things.... But as an endless diet for the sake of excitement and sensation in stories whose plots are vehicles for killing and torture and little more, it is not healthy for young children. Unfamiliar as yet with the full story of human response, they are being misled when they are offered perversion before they have fully learned what is sound.”
—Dorothy H. Cohen (20th century)