- Friday 6 February - The season kicks off at Headingley, with the defending champions Leeds Rhinos taking on Super League newcomers Crusaders. Leeds eventually win the game 28-6.
- Sunday 15 February - The first draw of the season is played out at the Grattan Stadium, as Bradford Bulls and Hull KR draw 13-13.
- Friday 27 February - The first game in the season to be decided by a single point is won by Hull KR, who beat St Helens 19 – 20 away from home.
- Saturday 7 March - St Helens win 4-0 at Crusaders in the lowest scoring match in Super League history.
- Friday 20 March - Hull FC and Leeds both lose, breaking the two remaining 100% records in the league.
- Sunday 22 March - Wakefield's match away at Celtic is postponed due to the death of Leon Walker in the corresponding reserves fixture earlier in the day.
- Sunday 19 April - St Helens become the first team to score 60 points or more in a single game, against Castleford.
- Friday 24-Sunday 26 April - The top four teams in the league before this round; St Helens, Leeds, Huddersfield and Wakefield, all lose their fixtures.
- Sunday 26 April - Chris Hicks scores a hat-trick for the second successive weekend, this time against Huddersfield.
- Saturday 2-Sunday 3 May - The Magic Weekend fixtures, held over the May Day bank holiday weekend at Murrayfield Stadium in Edinburgh attract an aggregate attendance of approximately 60,000 attendees over the two days. Over 6,000 of these were estimated to be Scottish.
- Sunday 17 May - Celtic beat Bradford to win their first ever Super League match, ending an 11-match losing sequence.
- Saturday 23 May - Celtic host Catalans in the first ever Super League match not to feature an English side.
- Saturday 20 June - Catalans Dragons host the first Super League game to take place in Spain, at the Estadi Olímpic Lluís Companys, the venue for the 1992 Summer Olympics.
- Friday 3 July - David Howell of Harlequins RL becomes the first player of the season to be sent off, in Quins' match against Wigan at the JJB.
- Saturday 4 July - Keith Senior, who holds the record for most Super League appearances, plays and scores in his 500th professional match.
Read more about this topic: Super League XIV
Other articles related to "notable moments":
... For decades, from the 1920s to the 1980s, world championship matches in professional boxing were scheduled for fifteen rounds, but that changed after a November 13, 1982 WBA Lightweight title bout ended with the death of boxer Duk Koo Kim in a fight against Ray Mancini in the 14th round of a nationally televised championship fight on CBS ... Exactly three months after the fatal fight, the WBC reduced the number of their championship fights to 12 rounds ...
Famous quotes containing the words moments and/or notable:
“There are moments when the body is as numinous
as words, days that are the good flesh continuing
Such tenderness, those afternoons and evenings,
saying blackberry, blackberry, blackberry.”
—Robert Hass (b. 1941)
“In one notable instance, where the United States Army and a hundred years of persuasion failed, a highway has succeeded. The Seminole Indians surrendered to the Tamiami Trail. From the Everglades the remnants of this race emerged, soon after the trail was built, to set up their palm-thatched villages along the road and to hoist tribal flags as a lure to passing motorists.”
—For the State of Florida, U.S. public relief program (1935-1943)