Style may refer to:
- Style (fiction), an aspect of literary composition
- Style (visual arts), in art and painting, either the aesthetic values followed in choosing what to paint (and how) or to the physical techniques employed
- Architectural style
- Design, the process of creating something
- Fashion, a prevailing mode of expression, e.g., clothing
- Format, various terms that refer to the style of different things
- Genre, a loose set of criteria for a category or composition
- Human physical appearance
Style, in specific fields, may also refer to:
- In typeface, one of the three traditional design features along with size and weight
- Style (botany), a stalk structure in female flower parts
- Style (manner of address), titles or honorifics, including Chinese courtesy names
Other articles related to "style":
... In the beginning, Yvon Deschamps' never-named "character" was distinguished by his spectacular naïvete, which served as a vehicle for Deschamps to tackle delicate subjects such as racism ... In Nigger Black, for instance, the character recalled boyhood surprise upon learning that "Nègres" were no more nor less than human beings like him, neither better nor worse Us, we had some on our street they lived in the same houses we did, went to the same schools ...
... The Badagutittu style, as its name indicates, is prevalent in Northern parts of South Canara, that is, from Padubidri to Byndoor and North Kanara District ... The Badagutittu style was popularized by Shivram Karanth's Yakshagana Mandira at Saligrama village in Dakshina Kannada as a shorter, more modern form of Yakshagana ... Yakshagana Mandali is an exponent of this style of Yakshagana ...
... His distinctive style of painting, in which he used watercolour technique with oil paints, created lightness, fluency, and ephemeral atmospheric effects ... A prime example of his mature style can be seen in Rain, Steam and Speed - The Great Western Railway, where the objects are barely recognizable ... Dr Thomas Monro, the Principal Physician of Bedlam, was a significant influence on Turner's style ...
... place will be influenced by the native style of food there ... The origin of "Buddhist food" as a distinct sub-style of cuisine is tied to monasteries, where one member of the community would have the duty of being the head cook and ... A more recent version, more Chinese in style, is prepared by the Ōbaku school of zen, and known as fucha ryōri (普茶料理?) this is served at the head temple of Manpuku-ji, as well as various ...
... Johnson's boxing style was very distinctive ... Johnson's style was very effective, but it was criticized in the press as being cowardly and devious ...
Famous quotes containing the word style:
“The habit some writers indulge in of perpetual quotation is one it behoves lovers of good literature to protest against, for it is an insidious habit which in the end must cloud the stream of thought, or at least check spontaneity. If it be true that le style cest lhomme, what is likely to happen if lhomme is for ever eking out his own personality with that of some other individual?”
—Dame Ethel Smyth (18581944)
“A church that can never have done with excommunicating Christ while it exists! Away with your broad and flat churches, and your narrow and tall churches! Take a step forward, and invent a new style of out-houses. Invent a salt that will save you, and defend our nostrils.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)