Stretch can refer to:
- Stretching is a form of exercise or a pre-exercise discipline, sometimes called Warming up
- Stretch ceiling, a type of ceiling made from polymer.
- Stretch ratio in the mechanics of materials
- Stretched tuning of certain string instruments
- The IBM 7030 Stretch computer
- Stretch limousine
- Stretch (rapper), a friend of Tupac Shakur and The Notorious B.I.G.
- Span (architecture) of a structure.
- Stretch Records, an independent record label
- Stretch marks, type of skin scarring
- Stretch (album), an album by Scott Walker
- Stretch (band), a 1970s UK band
- Stretch (film), a 2011 film starring David Carradine
- Stretch, a purple toy octopus in the film Toy Story 3 (see List of Toy Story characters)
- Another name for the set, one of two legal pitching positions in baseball
- Stretch (game), a game played by American boys in the 1950s, in which a jackknife is thrown alternatingly by two boys facing each other. If the knife sticks in the ground, the other boy stretches his foot to that spot and draws out the knife.
Read more about Stretch: See Also
Other articles related to "stretch":
... Stretch-o-vision is the practice of upconverting video from a standard aspect ratio to a widescreen aspect ratio ... Some television services however do not do this, choosing to stretch content to widescreen instead ... The use of the term "stretch-o-vision" to describe this process was popularized as a term for the practices of the high definition simulcast American cable ...
... All pages beginning with "Stretch" All pages with titles containing "Stretch" Elastic (disambiguation) Flex (disambiguation) ...
... Longest stretch of wins (Football League) 10, 22 February 1980 – 12 April 1980 ... Longest stretch of wins (Southern League) 14, 16 November 1994 – 21 January 1995 ... Longest stretch without loss (Football League) 12, 24 September 1938 – 24 December 1938 ...
... The most common stretch wrap material is linear low-density polyethylene or LLDPE, which is produced by copolymerization of ethylene with alpha-olefins, the most common of which are butene, hexene and ... (hexene or octene) gives rise to enhanced stretch film characteristics, particularly in respect of elongation at break and puncture resistance ... Many films have about 500% stretch at break but are only stretched to about 100 – 300% in use ...
... Stretch Records was established in 1997 by pianist/composer/producer Chick Corea and music industry veteran Ron Moss ... Stretch Records has released albums by such artistes as Bob Berg, Avishai Cohen, Eddie Gomez, John Patitucci, Bud Powell (Stretch Archives), Wallace Roney ... of the Bass, (distributed by MCA) though there was no significant output until Stretch joined with Concord in February 1997 ...
Famous quotes containing the word stretch:
“Idleness and constancy fix the mind to what it finds easy and agreeable. This habit always confines and cramps up our knowledge; and no one has ever taken the trouble to stretch and carry his understanding as far as it could go.”
—François, Duc De La Rochefoucauld (16131680)
“O but there is wisdom
In what the sages said;
But stretch that body for a while
And lay down that head
Till I have told the sages
Where man is comforted.”
—William Butler Yeats (18651939)
“These Flemish pictures of old days;
Sit with me by the homestead hearth,
And stretch the hands of memory forth
To warm them at the wood-fires blaze!”
—John Greenleaf Whittier (18071892)