Stretch can refer to:
- Stretching is a form of exercise or a pre-exercise discipline, sometimes called Warming up
- Stretch ceiling, a type of ceiling made from polymer.
- Stretch ratio in the mechanics of materials
- Stretched tuning of certain string instruments
- The IBM 7030 Stretch computer
- Stretch limousine
- Stretch (rapper), a friend of Tupac Shakur and The Notorious B.I.G.
- Span (architecture) of a structure.
- Stretch Records, an independent record label
- Stretch marks, type of skin scarring
- Stretch (album), an album by Scott Walker
- Stretch (band), a 1970s UK band
- Stretch (film), a 2011 film starring David Carradine
- Stretch, a purple toy octopus in the film Toy Story 3 (see List of Toy Story characters)
- Another name for the set, one of two legal pitching positions in baseball
- Stretch (game), a game played by American boys in the 1950s, in which a jackknife is thrown alternatingly by two boys facing each other. If the knife sticks in the ground, the other boy stretches his foot to that spot and draws out the knife.
Read more about Stretch: See Also
Other articles related to "stretch":
... Stretch Records was established in 1997 by pianist/composer/producer Chick Corea and music industry veteran Ron Moss ... Stretch Records has released albums by such artistes as Bob Berg, Avishai Cohen, Eddie Gomez, John Patitucci, Bud Powell (Stretch Archives), Wallace Roney, and ... Bass, (distributed by MCA) though there was no significant output until Stretch joined with Concord in February 1997 ...
... Stretch-o-vision is the practice of upconverting video from a standard aspect ratio to a widescreen aspect ratio ... Some television services however do not do this, choosing to stretch content to widescreen instead ... The use of the term "stretch-o-vision" to describe this process was popularized as a term for the practices of the high definition simulcast American cable ...
... All pages beginning with "Stretch" All pages with titles containing "Stretch" Elastic (disambiguation) Flex (disambiguation) ...
... Longest stretch of wins (Football League) 10, 22 February 1980 – 12 April 1980 ... Longest stretch of wins (Southern League) 14, 16 November 1994 – 21 January 1995 ... Longest stretch without loss (Football League) 12, 24 September 1938 – 24 December 1938 ...
... The most common stretch wrap material is linear low-density polyethylene or LLDPE, which is produced by copolymerization of ethylene with alpha-olefins, the most common of which are butene, hexene and ... or octene) gives rise to enhanced stretch film characteristics, particularly in respect of elongation at break and puncture resistance ... Many films have about 500% stretch at break but are only stretched to about 100 – 300% in use ...
Famous quotes containing the word stretch:
“Every generation rewrites the past. In easy times history is more or less of an ornamental art, but in times of danger we are driven to the written record by a pressing need to find answers to the riddles of today.... In times of change and danger when there is a quicksand of fear under mens reasoning, a sense of continuity with generations gone before can stretch like a lifeline across the scary present and get us past that idiot delusion of the exceptional Now that blocks good thinking.”
—John Dos Passos (18961970)
“The city of Washington is in some respects self-contained, and it is easy there to forget what the rest of the United States is thinking about. I count it a fortunate circumstance that almost all the windows of the White House and its offices open upon unoccupied spaces that stretch to the banks of the Potomac ... and that as I sit there I can constantly forget Washington and remember the United States.”
—Woodrow Wilson (18561924)
“O but there is wisdom
In what the sages said;
But stretch that body for a while
And lay down that head
Till I have told the sages
Where man is comforted.”
—William Butler Yeats (18651939)