Straight may refer to:
- Straight (poker), a poker hand containing five cards in sequential ranked order
- Straight, or straights, used to describe individuals with mainstream points of view and appearance.
- Straight, slang for heterosexual
- Straight, an alternate name for the cross punch
- Straight, the second autobiography by British artist Boy George
- Straight, a member of the straight edge subculture
- Straight Records, a record label formed in 1969
- Straight, Inc., a now-defunct U.S. drug rehabilitation program for adolescents
- Straight whiskey, pure whiskey distilled at no higher than 80% alcohol content that has been aged at least two years
- Straightedge, a drawing or cutting tool
- Straight-acting, an LGBT person who does not exhibit the appearance or mannerisms of the gay stereotype
- Straight (racing), a section of a race track
- Straight (Tobias Regner album), the first album by German singer Tobias Regner
- Straight (2007 film), a 2007 German film by Nicolas Flessa
- Straight (2009 film), a 2009 Bollywood film starring Vinay Pathak
- Straight man (stock character), a stock character
Other articles related to "straight":
... The straight knee (also known as a front knee) is a typical knee strike, and involves thrusting the front of the knee into the head or body of an opponent ... The straight knee can be applied from a stand-up position both when the combatants are separated, or when they are clinching ...
... waves propagate (move or spread out) in straight lines ... (the waves created by a rock hitting a pond) the individual waves are moving in straight lines ... This proves that waves travel in straight lines and this helps to explain how humans see things, among other uses ...
... A straight wheel that tapers outward towards the center of the wheel ... This arrangement is stronger than straight wheels and can accept higher lateral loads ... Tapered face straight wheel is primarily used for grinding thread, gear teeth etc ...
... For an example of a straight line racer see Buckeye Bullet Even more specialized than the drag racer, this is intended to obtain high speeds on long, straight, and flat raceways, such as the dry lake beds ...
Famous quotes containing the word straight:
“Beauty, sweet Love, is like the morning dew,
Whose short refresh upon the tender green
Cheers for a time, but till the sun doth shew,
And straight tis gone as it had never been.”
—Samuel Daniel (15621619)
“Clever words are not as good as straight talk.”
“Tom, remember your prayer. This time we have to say it to America. Arise my love. Arise, be strong, so you can stand up straight and say to anyone under Gods heaven, Alright, whose way of life shall it be, yours or ours?”
—Billy Wilder (b. 1906)