A steam generator is a device used to boil water to create steam. It may refer to:
- Boiler (steam generator), a closed vessel in which water is heated under pressure
- Supercritical steam generator or Benson boiler, a high-pressure steam generator that operates in the supercritical pressure regime, such that no boiling takes place within it.
- Steam generator (auxiliary boiler), a steam-powered boiler used on ships to produce a low-pressure steam, from a high-pressure supply.
- Steam generator (boiler), an oil- or gas-fired boiler, based on a low-water content monotube coil.
- Steam generator (nuclear power), a heat exchanger in a pressurized water nuclear reactor
- Steam generator (railroad), a device used in trains to provide heat to passenger cars
Other articles related to "steam generator, steam generators, steam":
... Supercritical steam generators are frequently used for the production of electric power ... In contrast to a "subcritical boiler", a supercritical steam generator operates at such a high pressure (over 3,200 psi or 22 MPa) that actual boiling ceases to occur, the boiler has no liquid water - steam ... There is no generation of steam bubbles within the water, because the pressure is above the critical pressure at which steam bubbles can form ...
... A steam generator is a type of boiler used to produce steam for climate control and potable water heating in railroad passenger cars ... The output of a railroad steam generator is low pressure, saturated steam that is passed through a system of pipes and conduits throughout the length of the train ... Steam generators were developed when diesel locomotives started to replace steam locomotives on passenger trains ...
... BEM BEM, Nördlingen Rekolok, ex 39 197, ex steam generator at Stendal, used for spares No 1924 ... Linke 2910 Bernd Falz (private) BW Falkenberg Rekolok, ex DRG 172 ... No 22 ...
... Testing of 5.5MWt 19 tube model PFBR Steam Generator (SG) in Steam generator test Facility to optimize the design of Steam Generator for FBRs Sodium water reaction studies in SOWART rig to assess the ...
... Supercritical steam generators are frequently used for the production of electric power ... In contrast to a "subcritical boiler", a supercritical steam generator operates at such a high pressure (over 3,200 psi or 22.06 MPa) that actual boiling ceases to occur, the boiler has ... There is no generation of steam bubbles within the water, because the pressure is above the critical pressure at which steam bubbles can form ...
Famous quotes containing the words generator and/or steam:
“He admired the terrible recreative power of his memory. It was only with the weakening of this generator whose fecundity diminishes with age that he could hope for his torture to be appeased. But it appeared that the power to make him suffer of one of Odettes statements seemed exhausted, then one of these statements on which Swanns spirit had until then not dwelled, an almost new word relayed the others and struck him with new vigor.”
—Marcel Proust (18711922)
“Time has an undertaking establishment on every block and drives his coffin nails faster than the steam riveters rivet or the stenographers type or the tickers tick out fours and eights and dollar signs and ciphers.”
—John Dos Passos (18961970)