South Central may refer to:
- Film and television
- South Central (film), a 1992 film starring Glenn Plummer
- South Central (TV series), a 1994 comedy-drama starring Larenz Tate
- South Los Angeles (formerly South Central Los Angeles), an area in Los Angeles, California
- South Central Alaska, a region containing Anchorage metropolitan area
- South Central Province, Maldives
- South Central United States
- Rail transport
- South Central Railway Zone (India), a part of Indian Railways
- SouthCentral, a UK train operating company which was renamed Southern in 2004
- Connex South Central, the former operators of the same franchise
- South Central franchise, an expanded rail franchise due to start in 2009
Other articles related to "central, south central, south":
... relatively high wages, replaced most black workers with newly arrived Mexican and Central American immigrants ... crime contributed to the rise of street gangs in South Central, such as the Crips and Bloods ... By the time of the 1992 Los Angeles riots, which began in South Central and spread throughout the city, South Central had become a national byword for urban decay ...
... South Central Junior and Senior High School is a public school servings grades 7-12 located in south central Harrison County, Indiana ... The school is built adjacent to South Central Elementary School ...
... Central School, a two-story wooden building, was the first school located on the southwest block at Fourth and Stevens ... The old Central school building was moved to the corner of Fifth and Bernard and became a private school ... North Central High School was built and opened in 1908 to serve the students on the north side the river ...
... South Central is a neighborhood in Salem, Oregon, United States, located just south of downtown ... Deepwood Estate, Gaiety Hill-Bush's Pasture Park Historic District, South Salem High School, and Mahonia Hall, the official residence of the Governor of Oregon ...
... South Los Angeles, more widely known as South Central Los Angeles was a notoriously dangerous region of the City of Los Angeles which had an extensive history of gang ... Crime has steadily dropped in South Los Angeles since the late '90s ... South Central had become a byword for urban decay, its bad reputation spread by movies such as Colors, South Central, Menace II Society, Poetic Justice ...
Famous quotes containing the words central and/or south:
“There is no such thing as a free lunch.”
An axiom from economics popular in the 1960s, the words have no known source, though have been dated to the 1840s, when they were used in saloons where snacks were offered to customers. Ascribed to an Italian immigrant outside Grand Central Station, New York, in Alistair Cookes America (epilogue, 1973)
“They were more than hostile. In the first place, I was a south Georgian and I was looked upon as a fiscal conservative, and the Atlanta newspapers quite erroneously, because they didnt know anything about me or my background here in Plains, decided that I was also a racial conservative.”
—Jimmy Carter (James Earl Carter, Jr.)