Solid state may refer to:
- Solid-state chemistry
- Solid-state physics
- Solid-state laser
- Solid matter
- Solid state (electronics), circuits built of solid materials
- Solid-state fan
- Solid state relay, an electronic switch built of solid materials
- Solid-state drive, data storage device components that uses memory chips, such as SDRAMs, to store data
- Solid-state ionics is the study of solid electrolytes
- Solid State Survivor, a 1979 album by the Japanese band Yellow Magic Orchestra
- Solid State Records, a Christian Metal/Metalcore label
- Solid State Records (jazz label)
- Solid State, a Liquid Funk group featuring DJ Dextrous
- Solid State, a song by Combustible Edison from their 1996 album Schizophonic!
Other articles related to "solid state, solid, solids":
... Presenting Thad Jones / Mel Lewis and the Jazz Orchestra (Solid State, 1966) Presenting Joe Williams and Thad Jones / Mel Lewis, The Jazz Orchestra (Solid ...
... Technologies is an American manufacturer of solid-state drive adapter products based in Naples, Florida ... Lauron extends the concept of the solid-state drive (SSD) by combining the host adapter interface with the flash memory using a single card ... a rotating platter and moving components, is replaced with a completely solid state device ...
... The Complete Solid State Recordings of the Thad Jones / Mel Lewis Orchestra is a Mosaic Records limited edition compilation of all previously released songs from the five Solid State Records (later Blue ...
... research centers on ionic conduction in solids, with the twin objectives of understanding the mechanisms that govern ion transport, and applying such an understanding to the development of ... Haile's group include proton-conducting solid acid compounds, proton-conducting perovskites, mixed oxygen- and electron-conducting perovskites, oxygen-conducting oxides, and alkali-conducting silicates ... to the crystal structure of and structural transitions in the conducting solid, crystal growth, structure determination by X-ray and neutron diffraction, and thermal analysis are ...
... Behind the Mask" (Solid State Survivor, 1979) "Citizens of Science" (×∞ Multiplies, 1980) "Insomnia" (Solid State Survivor, 1979) "La Femme Chinoise" (Yellow Magic Orchestra, 1978 ...
Famous quotes containing the words state and/or solid:
“We hear the Secretary of State boasting of his brinkmanshipthe art of bringing us to the edge of the abyss.”
—Adlai Stevenson (19001965)
“In our world of big names, curiously, our true heroes tend to be anonymous. In this life of illusion and quasi-illusion, the person of solid virtues who can be admired for something more substantial than his well-knownness often proves to be the unsung hero: the teacher, the nurse, the mother, the honest cop, the hard worker at lonely, underpaid, unglamorous, unpublicized jobs.”
—Daniel J. Boorstin (b. 1914)