- Projects for a Healthy Planet:
- The Paperbook and Papermaker:
- Canadian Children's Book Centre 1994 "Our Choice Award".
- Toy Testing Council of Canada - top recommendation.
- National Parenting Publication Award (US) - 1994.
- Everyday Science:
- Canadian Children's Book Centre 1995 "Our Choice Award".
- Science Around the World:
- Canadian Children's Book Centre 1996 "Our Choice Award".
- The Microscope Book:
- National Parenting Publication Award (US) - 1997.
- Parent’s Choice Award- Bronze (US) - 1998.
- The Magnets Book:
- Canadian Children’s Book Centre 1998 “Our Choice Award”.
- Fun With Your Microscope:
- Canadian Children’s Book Centre 1998 “Our Choice Award, starred selection”.
- The Ultimate Balloon Book:
- Canadian Children’s Book Centre 2002 “Our Choice Award”.
- The Science of Sound and Music:
- Canadian Children’s Book Centre 2001 “Our Choice Award”.
- Backyard Science: finalist:
- 2006 American Association for the Advancement of Science/Subaru Science Books and Films Prize (Hands -On Science/Activity) Books.
- the Ultimate Guide to Your Microscope: finalist:
- 2008 American Association for the Advancement of Science/Subaru Science Books and Films Prize (Hands -On Science/Activity) Books.
Other articles related to "book awards, books, awards, book award, book":
... The Washington State Book Awards are presented annually in recognition of notable books written by Washington authors in the previous year ... This literary awards program was established in 1967 as the Governor's Writers Awards ... Each year up to ten outstanding books of any kind written by Washington authors in the previous year were recognized with awards based on literary merit, lasting importance, and overall ...
... Deedy is the author of eight children’s books written in English, with two titles published in Spanish ... All of her books were published by Peachtree Publishers ... White, illustrator), October, 1997 ... Flicker Tale Children's Book Award Honor Book 1997-1998 Children's Book Award (Honor Book), Florida Reading Association 2002 Volunteer State Book Award (master ...
... His books have been translated into more than 20 languages and have been published in more than 40 countries ... named a Literary Guild's featured selection and honored by the Florida Book Awards ... Due to his success in the United Kingdom, his books are released in the British market several months before they are published in America ...
Famous quotes containing the word book:
“Let the trumpet of the day of judgment sound when it will, I shall appear with this book in my hand before the Sovereign Judge, and cry with a loud voice, This is my work, there were my thoughts, and thus was I. I have freely told both the good and the bad, have hid nothing wicked, added nothing good.”
—Jean-Jacques Rousseau (17121778)