In 1998, the following banknotes were introduced:
|Image||Value||Dimensions||Main Colour||Description||Date of|
|5 rubles (no longer issued)1||137 × 61 mm||Green||The Millennium of Russia monument on background of Saint Sophia Cathedral in Veliky Novgorod||Fortress wall of the Novgorod Kremlin||"5", Saint Sophia Cathedral in Novgorod||1997||1 January 1998|
|10 rubles (currently being replaced with coins of the same face value)||150 × 65 mm||Dark-green and dark-brown||Kommunalny Bridge across the Yenisei River in Krasnoyarsk and Paraskeva Pyatnitsa Chapel||Krasnoyarsk hydroelectric plant||"10", Paraskeva Pyatnitsa Chapel||1 January 1998
|50 rubles||Blue and violet, respectively||A Rostral Column sculpture on background of Petropavlosk Fortress in Saint Petersburg||Old Saint Petersburg Stock Exchange and Rostral Columns||"50", Peter and Paul Cathedral|
|100 rubles||Brown-green-burgundy||Quadriga on the portico of the Bolshoi Theatre in Moscow||The Bolshoi Theatre||"100", The Bolshoi Theatre|
|500 rubles||Violet and blue, respectively||Monument to Peter the Great, Sedov sailing ship and sea terminal in Arkhangelsk||Solovetsky Monastery||"500", Monument to Peter the Great|
|1,000 rubles||157 × 69 mm||Blue-green||Monument to Yaroslav I the Wise and the Lady of Kazan Chapel in Yaroslavl||John the Baptist Church in Yaroslavl||"1000", Monument to Yaroslav I the Wise||2000, 20044, 2010|
|5,000 rubles||Red-orange||Monument to Nikolay Muravyov-Amursky in Khabarovsk||Khabarovsk Bridge over the Amur||"5000", Head of the monument to Muravyov-Amursky||June 2006, September 2011|
- The 5 ruble note is very rare now. It is now out of print, although it is still legal tender.
- The 10 ruble note is no longer printed starting January 2010. Replaced by the 10 ruble coin. But 10 ruble notes are still in use though less common.
- Banknotes of the 2001 revision bear the fine print "модификация 2001г." meaning "modification of year 2001" on the left watermark area.
- Banknotes of the 2004 revision also bear the similar fine print. More importantly, new security features have been added, including (but not limited to):
- Moiré pattern: The area appears to be one color from one angle, stripes from another angle.
- Wider metallic thread
- Microperforation (100 rubles and above): Denomination numeral formed by dots (small laser perforated holes in the paper)
- Color shifting ink (500 rubles and above): The emblem of the Bank of Russia for 500 rubles, and the city emblem of Yaroslavl for 1000 rubles.
All Russian paper money is currently printed at the state-owned factory Goznak in Moscow, which was organized on 6 June 1919 and has continued to operate ever since. Coins are minted in Moscow and at the Saint Petersburg Mint, which has been operating since 1724.
|Year||Lowest ↓||Highest ↑||Average|
|1998||1 January||5.9600||29 December||20.9900||9.7945|
|1999||1 January||20.6500||29 December||27.0000||24.6489|
|2000||6 January||26.9000||23 February||28.8700||28.1287|
|2001||4 January||28.1600||18 December||30.3000||29.1753|
|2002||1 January||30.1372||7 December||31.8600||31.3608|
|2003||20 December||29.2450||9 January||31.8846||30.6719|
|2004||30 December||27.7487||1 January||29.4545||28.8080|
|2005||18 March||27.4611||6 December||28.9978||28.3136|
|2006||6 December||26.1840||12 January||28.4834||27.1355|
|2007||24 November||24.2649||13 January||26.5770||25.5516|
|2008||16 July||23.1255||31 December||29.3804||24.8740|
|2009||13 November||28.6701||19 February||36.4267||31.68|
|2010||16 April||28.9310||8 June||31.7798||30.3765|
|2011||6 May||27.2625||5 October||32.6799||29.3948|
|Source: USD exchange rates in RUB, Bank of Russia|
|Current RUB exchange rates|
|From Google Finance:||AUD CAD CHF EUR GBP HKD JPY USD INR|
|From Yahoo! Finance:||AUD CAD CHF EUR GBP HKD JPY USD INR|
|From XE.com:||AUD CAD CHF EUR GBP HKD JPY USD INR|
|From OANDA.com:||AUD CAD CHF EUR GBP HKD JPY USD INR|
|From fxtop.com:||AUD CAD CHF EUR GBP HKD JPY USD INR|
Famous quotes containing the word seventh:
“Expecting me to grovel,
she carefully covers both feet
with the hem of her skirt.
She pretends to hide
a coming smile
and wont look straight at me.
When I talk to her,
she chats with her friend
in cross tones.
Even this slim girls rising anger
let alone her deep love.”
—Amaru (c. seventh century A.D.)