Royal Blue in Human Culture
- Auto racing
- In auto racing, royal blue (called "imperial blue") is the traditional color of Ford and Carroll Shelby, and for 2012, the primary livery for Hendrick Motorsports' #48 sponsored by Lowe's.
- Elizabeth Richard, a Queen Elizabeth Impersonator, often wears queen blue colored clothing.
- Royal blue is a traditional color of writing ink, employed by many fountain pens, ballpoint pens and ink cartridges.
- "Royal Blue" is the title of a song by the Cold War Kids.
- Royal Blue is one of two school colors (the other being white) of the Louisville Presbyterian Theological Seminary.
- Royal Blue is one of three colors used by Santugon sa Tawag ng Panahon, the premiere Socio-Political Organization in De La Salle University, which represents Marian devotion.
- Royal Blue is one of two colors used by Christopher Newport University.
- Royal Blue is one of two colors used in the logo of Paco Catholic School.
- Royal blue is the main color of Dulwich College in London, UK.
- Royal blue is the traditional school color of Yonsei University, Seoul, South Korea.
- Royal blue is the main color of the University of Delaware Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens football. team.
- Royal blue is one of the colors of three National Pan-Hellenic Council organizations: Phi Beta Sigma, its sister sorority Zeta Phi Beta and Sigma Gamma Rho; the Asian American interest fraternity, Lambda Phi Epsilon; the Latin sorority Hermandad de Sigma Iota Alpha; the multicultural sorority Lambda Tau Omega; and the national service fraternity, Alpha Phi Omega.
- The Royal Blues are the marching band of Rocky Hill High School in Rocky Hill, Connecticut.
- Royal Blue is one of two colors used by Claret School of Quezon City besides with Fiery Red.
- Royal blue is one of the two colors of Woodleigh School, North Yorkshire.
- Royal Blue is one of the three colors of Mbarara University of Science and Technology in Uganda.
- Royal Blue is the colour of the Science Agriculture and Engineering faculty of the University of Newcastle upon Tyne
- Royal Blue is the main color of Oyster River High School, New Hampshire, USA
- Royal Blue is one of two school colors for Kelso High School in Kelso, Washington
- Royal blue is one two school colors for Atwater High School in Atwater, California
- Royal Blue is one of two school colors for Brewer High School in Fort Worth, Texas
- In baseball, royal blue is the dominant color for the Kansas City Royals.
- In association football, royal blue is the traditional shirt color and/or main club color of Birmingham City F.C., Chelsea F.C., Everton F.C., Portsmouth F.C. and Rangers F.C.. Die Königsblauen ("The Royal Blues") is the nickname of German football team Schalke 04. It is also the traditional color kit of Universidad de Chile.
- Royal blue and white are the colors of the North Melbourne AFL team, and have been used by the club since their inception in 1869.
- In American football, The National Football League's New York Giants have royal blue and red as their colors, while royal blue and white are the listed colors of the Indianapolis Colts.
- In hockey, royal blue is the main color of the National Hockey League's Toronto Maple Leafs and St. Louis Blues; royal blue, orange and white are the team colors of the Edmonton Oilers.
- In basketball, the National Basketball Association's Dallas Mavericks debuted with royal blue road jerseys at the start of the 2010-11 season. They went on to win their first ever NBA Championship in 2011. Royal blue is one of the team's primary colors.
- The Royal Blue was the name of a Baltimore and Ohio Railroad train.
- Royal Blue was the name of a major operator of coach services in the south and west of England from 1880 to 1986.
- When, in 2008, the United States Transportation Security Administration changed the color of airport screener uniforms from white to royal blue, they found that it made the work of the airport screeners easier because airline passengers became more compliant, apparently because by wearing blue, the airport screeners came to be perceived more as authority figures.
- Royal blue is an official color used in the flags of American Samoa, Australia, Cayman Islands, Confederate States of America, the European Union, Galicia, Georgia, Hawaii, Israel, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Texas, Tuvalu, the United Kingdom and the United States of America.
Read more about this topic: Royal Blue
Famous quotes containing the words culture, human, royal and/or blue:
“Letting a hundred flowers blossom and a hundred schools of thought contend is the policy for promoting the progress of the arts and the sciences and a flourishing culture in our land.”
—Mao Zedong (18931976)
“The human mind plans the way, but the LORD directs the steps.”
—Bible: Hebrew, Proverbs 16:9.
“An Englishman, methinks,not to speak of other European nations,habitually regards himself merely as a constituent part of the English nation; he is a member of the royal regiment of Englishmen, and is proud of his company, as he has reason to be proud of it. But an Americanone who has made tolerable use of his opportunitiescares, comparatively, little about such things, and is advantageously nearer to the primitive and the ultimate condition of man in these respects.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“The moon is my mother. She is not sweet like Mary.
Her blue garments unloose small bats and owls.”
—Sylvia Plath (19321963)