As in other numeral systems, the Romanian number names use a limited set of words and combining rules, which can be applied to generate the name of any number within sufficiently large limits.
The general characteristics of the number formation rules in Romanian are:
- The numeration base used is decimal.
- Word order is big-endian with the exception of numbers from 11 to 19.
- Large numbers use a combined form of the long and short scales.
- Connection words are used in certain situations.
- Some number names have two gender-specific forms.
Read more about this topic: Romanian Numbers
Other articles related to "general characteristics":
... represent things by representing general characteristics of things ... They can represent the chair by representing general characteristics of the chair being brown, being wooden, being a chair, and so forth ... the chair directly, and not by means of any general characteristics ...
Famous quotes containing the word general:
“We have grown literally afraid to be poor. We despise anyone who elects to be poor in order to simplify and save his inner life. If he does not join the general scramble and pant with the money-making street, we deem him spiritless and lacking in ambition.”
—William James (18421910)