PeopleThis section lists people commonly referred to solely by this name.
- Duke of Normandy
- Robert the Magnificent, also known as Robert the Devil, father of William the Conqueror
- Franconian Babenbergers/Robertian Capetians
- Robert II (Robert of Hesbaye) of Worms, Germany (aka Rutpert II, Hruodbertus II)
- Robert III of Worms, Germany (aka Rutpert III, Hruodbertus III)
- Robert the Strong (aka Rutpert IV, Hruodbertus IV)
- Kings of France
- Robert I of France
- Robert II of France
- King of Naples
- Robert of Naples
- Kings of Scotland
- Robert I of Scotland ("Robert the Bruce")
- Robert II of Scotland
- Robert III of Scotland
- Robert, 1st Earl of Gloucester, English noble
- Robert of Melun, scholastic theologian
- Robert of Winchelsea, theologian and opponent of both Edward I and Edward II of England
- Brother Robert, 13th century translator of French works into Old Norse
- Saint Robert of Molesme, founder of the Cistercian Order (d. 1111)
- Saint Robert of Newminster, established the Abbey of Newminster near the castle of Ralph de Merlay, at Morpeth, Northumberland (d. 1159)
- Saint Robert de Turlande, founding abbot of the Abbey of Casa Dei, also called Chaise-Dieu (d. 1067)
- Saint Robert Bellarmine, Jesuit Doctor of the Church (d. 1621)
Read more about this topic: Robert
Other articles related to "people":
... My people were Yoruba, and their culture survived slavery (...) My father found out about that when I was a kid, and it gave me all I needed to know that, hey, I was somebody, even if nobody else ... anything positive that you could say about black people ... And that's a terrible burden on black people, because they don't have an accurate idea of their history, which has been either suppressed or distorted." ...
... the most well-known examples of the lengths people will go to in order to secure adequate water supplies ... said "We've been in crisis for quite some time because we're now 38 million people and not anymore 18 million people like we were in the late 60s ...
... The population density was 3,208.8 people per square mile (1,238.9/km²) ... The Census reported that 64,044 people (99.7% of the population) lived in households, 97 (0.2%) lived in non-institutionalized group quarters, and 93 (0.1%) were ... The population was spread out with 15,792 people (24.6%) under the age of 18, 5,574 people (8.7%) aged 18 to 24, 13,848 people (21.6%) aged 25 to 44, 21,414 people (33.3%) aged 45 to 64, and 7,606 people (11.8 ...
... day of his death, Mumbai Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh said "I appeal to people to remain calm and maintain law and order ... People came from across Maharashtra for his funeral including the party's strongholds of Thane, Raigad, Pune, Aurangabad and Konkan regions ... Police said that 200,000 people walked alongside the hearse and were later joined by others on the way to the cremation site ...
... Further information List of people from Bitola Some notable people born in Bitola are Nikolce Noveski, footballer Karolina Gočeva, singer Hristijan Spirovski, pianist Janko Konstantinov, architect Igor ...
Famous quotes containing the word people:
“What kind of truth can that be that is bounded by these mountains, and that becomes a lie to the people on the other side of them?”
—Michel de Montaigne (15331592)
“Every people have gods to suit their circumstances.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“It is fortunate to be of high birth, but it is no less so to be of such character that people do not care to know whether you are or are not.”
—Jean De La Bruyère (16451696)