Richard Simpson may refer to:
- Richard Simpson (martyr) (c. 1553–1588), English Catholic priest, martyred during the reign of Elizabeth I
- Richard Simpson (writer) (1820–1876) Catholic writer and literary scholar
- Richard F. Simpson (1798–1882), U.S. Representative from South Carolina
- Richard M. Simpson (1900–1960), U.S. Representative from Pennsylvania
- Richard Simpson (politician) (b. 1942), Scottish politician
- Dick Simpson (born 1943), American baseball outfielder
- Chubb Rock, real name Richard Simpson, (b. 1968)
Other articles related to "richard simpson, simpson":
... Blessed Richard Simpson (or Sympson) (c ... in Brussels within four months of his admission to the seminary, and that on 17 September, Simpson set out for England to work as a missionary priest ... According to Challoner, Simpson was arrested and banished in 1585, but returned quickly to England ...
Famous quotes containing the words simpson and/or richard:
“The man who married Magdalene
Had not forgiven her.
God might pardon every sin . . .
Love is no pardoner.”
—Louis Simpson (b. 1923)
“Words convey the mental treasures of one period to the generations that follow; and laden with this, their precious freight, they sail safely across gulfs of time in which empires have suffered shipwreck and the languages of common life have sunk into oblivion.”
—Anonymous. Quoted in Richard Chevenix Trench, On the Study of Words, lecture 1 (1858)