Some articles on represent:
... Shíer Guó), meaning Twelve States, refers to an asterism which is represent twelve ancient states in the Spring and Autumn Period and the Warring States Period, consisting of χ Capricorni ... Consequently, χ Capricorni itself is represent the state Qi (齊), together with 112 Herculis in Left Wall of Heavenly Market Enclosure (asterism) ... that χ Capricorni, together with φ Capricorni, were represent the state Wei (魏) ...
... Kant decided that "the other guys should have an attorney, too" and proceeded to help represent a series of artists including The Association, Captain ... He turned down an opportunity to represent The Doors after the group demanded that he only represent them ...
... Population (2001) Islam 92.48% British Bangladeshi Muslims represent 16.35% of the British Muslim community and 0.46% of the UK population 259,712 Not Stated 5.83% 0.37% of the total number ...
... the very similar Paleophragmodictya, and may represent the channels of the gastrovascular system (Fedonkin Cope 1985) ... Speculation that they may represent sponges (Gehling 1996) is not accepted by Sepkoski et al ... have been reported in clusters this may represent a social/colonial way of life, or simply accumulation by the action of currents, sea-floor processes, or possibly preservational conditions (D ...
... Infilled casts which may represent the spaces formerly occupied by "roots" of Prototaxites are common in early Devonian strata ... It is probable that the preserved "trunks" represent the fruiting body, or "sporophore", of a fungus, which would have been fuelled by a mycelium, a net of dispersed filaments ("hyphae ... has led to suggestions that the latter may represent leaves of Prototaxites ...
More definitions of "represent":
- (verb): To establish a mapping (of mathematical elements or sets).
- (verb): Be a delegate or spokesperson for; represent somebody's interest or be a proxy or substitute for, as of politicians and office holders representing their constituents, or of a tenant representing other tenants in a housing dispute.
Example: "I represent the silent majority"; "This actor is a spokesperson for the National Rifle Association"
- (verb): Serve as a means of expressing something.
Example: "The flower represents a young girl"
- (verb): Create an image or likeness of.
- (verb): Be the defense counsel for someone in a trial.
Example: "Ms. Smith will represent the defendant"
- (verb): Bring forward and present to the mind.
Example: "We cannot represent this knowledge to our formal reason"
Synonyms: present, lay out
- (verb): Point out or draw attention to in protest or remonstrance.
Example: "Our parents represented to us the need for more caution"
- (verb): Be characteristic of.
- (verb): Be representative or typical for.
Example: "This period is represented by Beethoven"
- (verb): Express indirectly by an image, form, or model; be a symbol.
Synonyms: typify, symbolize, symbolise, stand for
- (verb): Describe or present, usually with respect to a particular quality.
Example: "He represented this book as an example of the Russian 19th century novel"
Famous quotes containing the word represent:
“James Brown and Frank Sinatra are two different quantities in the universe. They represent two different experiences of the world.”
—Imamu Amiri Baraka [Everett Leroi Jones] (b. 1934)
“It seemed monstrous to our intolerant youth that poor white folksy men should have an equal right with gentlemen, born and bred, in deciding who should represent the county in the Legislature and the district in Congress.”
—Marion Harland (18301922)
“For it is the nature and end of this relation, that they should represent the human race to each other. All that is in the world, which is or ought to be known, is cunningly wrought into the texture of man, of woman.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)