Reformed Presbyterian may refer to:
- A mutually recognising set of churches listed at Reformed Presbyterian Church (denominational group), including:
- The Reformed Presbyterian Church of Australia
- The Reformed Presbyterian Church of Cyprus
- The Reformed Presbyterian Church of North America (which includes a presbytery in Japan)
- The Reformed Presbyterian Church of Ireland
- The Reformed Presbyterian Church of Scotland
- Any of the following North American churches:
- Reformed Presbyterian Church (Covenanted)
- The Reformed Presbyterian Church, Evangelical Synod (split from Reformed Presbyterian Church of North America in 1833, joined Presbyterian Church in America in 1982)
- The Reformed Presbyterian Church in the United States (began in 1983, arising from the Christian Reconstruction movement)
- The Reformed Presbyterian Church in the Americas (1990-1991)
- The Reformed Presbyterian Church General Assembly (1991-)
- The Reformed Presbyterian Church – Hanover Presbytery (1991-)
- Various Presbyterian Reformed churches, including:
- Presbyterian Reformed Church (Australia)
- Presbyterian Reformed Church (North America)
Other articles related to "presbyterian church, reformed presbyterian church, church, presbyterian, reformed, presbyterians":
... Main article Presbyterianism Africa Evangelical Presbyterian Church Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church of Mexico Bible Presbyterian Church Christ Community Church ...
... Member churches are Congregational, Presbyterian, Reformed and united and uniting churches ... Algeria Protestant Church of Algeria American Samoa Congregational Christian Church in American Samoa Angola, Republic of Evangelical Reformed Church of Angola Argentina Evangelical Church of the River Plate ... Andrew's Scots Memorial Church (Church of Scotland) Italy Waldensian Evangelical Church (Union of Methodist and Waldensian Churches) Jamaica The United Church in Jamaica and the Cayman Islands Japan Church of ...
... The Stafford Reformed Presbyterian Church, also known as Covenanter Church, is a historic church in Stafford, Kansas, United States ... It replaced an older church built on the same site, which was demolished because it had fallen into poor condition ... The church itself existed as a part of the Reformed Presbyterian Church of North America (RPCNA) from 1911 to 1961 ...
... See also Reformed Churches in North America American Presbyterian Church Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church (Scots-Irish Presbyterians) Association of Reformed Baptist Churches of ... Orthodox Christian Reformed Church (Dutch Reformed - GKN) Orthodox Presbyterian Church Presbyterian Church in America The PCA is the second largest Presbyterian denomination in the United ... Its motto is "Faithful to the Scriptures, True to the Reformed Faith and Obedient to the Great Commission of Jesus Christ." Presbyterian Church in Canada The Presbyterian Church in Canada ...
... In 1983, a few churches in the North Georgia Presbytery of the Presbyterian Church in America withdrew from the denomination over purity of doctrine and ecclesiastical practices, calling themselves Covenant ... In 1985, Covenant Presbytery formed the Reformed Presbyterian Church in the United States as a continuing church ... In 1990, the Reformed Presbyterian Church divided into four presbyteries and changed its name to the Reformed Presbyterian Church in the Americas ...
Famous quotes containing the words church, reformed and/or presbyterian:
“This is what the Church is said to want, not party men, but sensible, temperate, sober, well-judging persons, to guide it through the channel of no-meaning, between the Scylla and Charybdis of Aye and No.”
—Cardinal John Henry Newman (18011890)
“To what a bad choice is many a worthy woman betrayed, by that false and inconsiderate notion, That a reformed rake makes the best husband!”
—Samuel Richardson (16891761)
“He is a Presbyterian first and an artist second, which is just as comfortable as trying to be a Presbyterian first and a chorus girl second.”
—H.L. (Henry Lewis)