Recognition may refer to:
- Recall (memory)
- Award, recognition of a piece of work
- Diplomatic recognition, acceptance of the sovereign status of a political entity by other sovereign governments
- Intra-species recognition
- Antigen recognition, in immunology
- Molecular recognition
- Recognition (parliamentary procedure), the assignment of the floor
- Recognition (sociology), an acknowledgement of merits
- Recognition (tax), an income tax concept
- Revenue recognition
- Legal recognition, recognition of a legal right in a jurisdiction, such as the right to practice a profession such as medicine with a recognised professional qualification
- Rule of Recognition
- Legal recognition of sign languages
- Same-sex marriage#Legal recognition
- Gender Recognition Act 2004
- Recognition of same-sex unions in Brazil
- Recognition of same-sex unions in Estonia
- Recognition of same-sex unions in Florida
- Recognition of same-sex unions in Russia
- Recognition of same-sex unions in Serbia
- Recognition of same-sex unions in Slovakia
- Recognition of marital rape in Pakistani law
Other articles related to "recognition":
... anti-fraud site noted that "Melchizedek has apparently obtained some sort of recognition from some smaller states.. ... Claims that the DoM has received recognition from any major government are purely lies." ...
... is recognized by another government, recognition is retroactive in effect, and validates all the actions and conduct of the government so recognized from the commencement ... In practice, they usually make no formal declarations regarding recognition ... He cites several examples including a memorandum on US recognition policy and practice, dated 25 September 1981, which said that recognition would be implied ...
... Bambaataa organized the very first European hip hop tour ... Along with himself were rapper and graffiti artist Rammellzee, Zulu Nation DJ Grand Mixer DXT (formerly Grand Mixer D.St), B-boy and B-girl crews the Rock Steady Crew, and the Double Dutch Girls, as well as legendary graffiti artists Fab 5 Freddy, PHASE 2, Futura 2000, and Dondi ...
... The recognition heuristic has been used as a model in the psychology of judgment and decision making and as a heuristic in artificial intelligence ... Although the recognition heuristic predicts that participants would judge the actual (recognizable) cities to be larger, participants judged the ... Fernandez and Richter Späth tests the non-compensatory prediction of the recognition heuristic and states that "recognition information is not used in an all-or-none fashion but is integrated with other types of ...
... diplomatic recognition of Haiti ... Haiti had sought recognition since winning independence in 1804, but faced opposition from Southern Senators ...
Famous quotes containing the word recognition:
“By now, legions of tireless essayists and op-ed columnists have dressed feminists down for making such a fuss about entering the professions and earning equal pay that everyones attention has been distracted from the important contributions of mothers working at home. This judgment presumes, of course, that prior to the resurgence of feminism in the 70s, housewives and mothers enjoyed wide recognition and honor. This was not exactly the case.”
—Mary Kay Blakely (20th century)
“While you are nurturing your newborn, you need someone to nurture you, whether it is with healthful drinks while youre nursing, or with words of recognition and encouragement as you talk about your feelings. In this state of continual giving to your infantwhether it is nourishment or care or loveyou are easily drained, and you need to be replenished from sources outside yourself so that you will have reserves to draw from.”
—Sally Placksin (20th century)
“Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion. General recognition of this fact is shown in the proverbial phrase It is the busiest man who has time to spare.”
—C. Northcote Parkinson (19091993)