Raider may refer to:
- Space Raiders, brand of crisps
- the Twix chocolate bar was called Raider in several European countries until the 1990s
in sports organizations:
- Canberra Raiders, National Rugby League team based in Canberra, Australia
- Oakland Raiders, National Football League team based in Oakland, California, USA
- Bydgoszcz Raiders – American football team based in Bydgoszcz, Poland
- Rochester Raiders, CIFL team based in Rochester, New York, USA
- Texas Tech Red Raiders, NCAA Division I team from Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Texas, USA. The women's basketball team is called the Lady Raiders
- Adelaide Raiders, football (soccer) club in Adelaide, South Australia
- Wodonga Raiders Football Club, football (soccer) club in Wodonga, Australia
- , NCAA Division I team from Middle Tennessee State University in Murfreesboro, TN. The women's teams are called the "Lady Raiders"
in military organizations:
- Marine Raiders, elite unit established by the United States Marine Corps during World War II
- Quantrill's Raiders, Confederate guerrillas in the American Civil War
- Raider (piracy), people who commit robbery at the sea
- Tarleton's Raiders, unit of British dragoons active during the American Revolution
- Great Eastern Islamic Raiders' Front, Turkish terrorist organisation
in military vehicles:
- Sikorsky S-97 Raider, a light helicopter currently under development for the United States Army
- Merchant raider, type of ship in naval warfare
- Commerce raider, type of warship in naval warfare
in commercial vehicles:
- Dodge Raider, a rebadged Mitsubishi Montero sold by Dodge
- Mitsubishi Raider, a rebadged Dodge Dakota sold by Mitsubishi Motors
- A brand of skid loader
in video games:
- Star Raiders, computer game for the Atari video game system
- Tomb Raider Series, series of video games, comic books, movies, animations and novels
- Fallout (series), adventure/RPG games featuring Raiders as non-player characters
- Raider (novel), book by Susan Gates
- Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, 2001 film based on the game
- Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life, 2003 sequel
- Raiders of the Lost Ark, original name for the first Indiana Jones movie
- Western Approaches (film), alternatively titled 'The Raider'
- Marine Raiders (film) a 1944 war film
- The Silent Raiders a 1953 war film
- Raiders of the Lost Harp, episode of DuckTales
- Cylon Raider, basic Cylon fighter craft in Battlestar Galactica
- GAT-X370 Raider Gundam, second generation Earth Alliance mobile suit from Gundam SEED
in other people and organizations:
- Paul Revere & the Raiders, American rock band
- Tusken Raiders (aka Sand People), fictional creatures in the Star Wars saga
- Raider (Babylon 5), space pirates from Babylon 5
- Raider (Delhi District Secondary School) the official mascot of Delhi District Secondary School, Norfolk County, Ontario, Canada
- Raiders (comics)
- Artist Brad Rader, who has signed artwork as simply Raider.
Other articles related to "raiders":
... The 1995 Oakland Raiders season was the Raiders' first season since returning to Oakland ... While the Raiders raced out to an impressive 8-2 start, a number of key injuries (including the loss of starting quarterback Jeff Hostetler) caused them to lose their final six games and miss the playoffs ...
... Rescue Raiders is a game by Sir-Tech for the Apple II ... In 1991 Three-Sixty Pacific released Armor Alley, a recreation of Rescue Raiders for Mac OS and DOS ...
... While on the ground, Dawson was speared by Raiders defensive end Ben Davidson in an infamous incident that cost the Chiefs a victory and further inflamed the ... The Chiefs were forced to punt and Raiders kicker George Blanda eventually booted a game-tying field with eight seconds remaining ... finished the year with a 7–5–2 record, while the Raiders went 8–4–2 ...
... The 1981 Oakland Raiders season began with the team trying to improve on their 11–5 record from 1980 ... The Raiders went 7–9 and became the fourth team in NFL history to enter a season as the defending Super Bowl champions and miss the playoffs ...
... On September 3, 2007, Alston was signed to the Oakland Raiders' practice squad ... He played in 13 games in the 2007 season for the Raiders, recording 8 tackles and 1 forced fumble ... was re-signed as an exclusive rights free agent by the Raiders for the 2008 season ...
Famous quotes containing the word raiders:
“This is our fate: eight hundred years disaster,
crazily tangled like the Book of Kells:
the dreams distortion and the lands division,
the midnight raiders and the prison cells.”
—John Hewitt (b. 1907)