Prosper may refer to:
- Prosper of Aquitaine (390-455), also known as Prosper Tiro, Christian writer and disciple of St Augustine
- Prosper of Catenanuova, martyr, patron saint of Catenanuova
- Prosper of Reggio (died 466), bishop of Reggio Emilia, 5th century
- Prosper or Prospero Alpini (1553–1617), Venetian physician and botanist
- Prosper Arsenault (1894–1987), Canadian educator and politician
- Prosper Avril (born 1937), President of Haiti from 1988 to 1990
- Prosper Boulanger (1918–2002), Canadian politician and businessman
- Prosper Jolyot de Crébillon (1674–1762), French poet and tragedian
- Prosper Dérivis (1808–1880), French operatic bass
- Prosper Garnot (1794–1838), French surgeon and naturalist
- Prosper Giquel (1835–1886), French naval officer and mercenary in China
- Prosper Guéranger (1805–1875), French Benedictine priest, abbot and founder of the French Benedictine Congregation
- Prosper Henry (1849–1903), French optician and astronomer
- Prosper Higiro (born 1961), Rwandan politician
- Prosper L'Orange (1876–1939), German engineer and inventor
- Prosper de Mestre (1789–1844), businessman in Sydney, Australia
- Prosper Mérimée (1803–1870), French writer
- Prosper Montagné (1865–1948), French chef and author
- Prosper Poullet (1868–1937), Belgian politician
- Prosper Sainton (1813–1890), French violinist and conductor
- Prosper Utseya (born 1985), Zimbabwean cricketer
- Prosper Weil (born 1926), French lawyer
- Peter Prosper (born 1969), Trinidadian footballer
- Pierre-Richard Prosper (born 1963), American lawyer, prosecutor and second United States Ambassador-at-Large for War Crimes Issues (2001–2005)
- "Prosper", codename of Francis Suttill, Special Operations Executive agent in World War II Occupied France
- Prosper, fictional orphaned protagonist of the children's novel The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke
- Prosper, Minnesota, an unincorporated community
- Prosper, Oregon, an unincorporated community
- Prosper, Texas, a town
In computer software:
- LaTeX prosper class for making presentations, later superseded by HA-prosper, which was eventually made into Powerdot
- PROSPER, a computer programming language invented by Earl Isaac in the early 1970s.
- Prosper Marketplace, a business, that allows online person-to-person lending and borrowing
Other articles related to "prosper":
... Prosper is an unincorporated community in Canton Township, Fillmore County, Minnesota, United States ... ZIP codes 55954 (Mabel) and 55922 (Canton) meet at Prosper ...
... Prosper Higiro (born 28 January 1961) is a Rwandan politician and member of the Liberal Party as its official chairperson ... Since 10 October 2004, Prosper has been a Senator and Vice-President of the Senate representing the Kirehe District in the Eastern Province ... Prosper has worked extensively in the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Handcraft ...
... Charles-François-Prosper Guérin (Sens, 1875–1939) was a French post-impressionist painter ... He was Jean Michel Prosper Guérin’s son ...
... Saint-Prosper-de-Champlain is a municipality of 516 people in the Les Chenaux Regional County Municipality, in Quebec, Canada. 4, 2010, it was known simply as Saint-Prosper ...
... There are two communities called Saint-Prosper in Quebec Saint-Prosper, Chaudière-Appalaches, Quebec Saint-Prosper-de-Champlain, Quebec (formerly Saint-Prosper) ...
Famous quotes containing the word prosper:
“Base men who prosper are unenviable.”
—Aeschylus (525456 B.C.)
“I had to prosper good and punish evil.
You changed all that. You set me free to reign.
You are the Emancipator of your God,
And as such I promote you to a saint.”
—Robert Frost (18741963)
“Although all new ideas are born in France, they are not readily adopted there. It seems that they must first commence to prosper in a foreign country.”
—Sarah Bernhardt (18451923)