Practice may refer to:
- Best practice
- Law firm, a legal practice
- Medical practice, a company which engages in the practise of medicine
- Phantom practice, phenomenon in which a person's abilities continue to improve, even without practising
- Practice (learning method), a method of learning by repetition
- Practice (social theory), a theoretical term for human action in society* Practice-based professional learning
- Practice of law
- Target practice, any exercise in which projectiles are fired at a specified target
- The Practice, a TV program about a legal practice
- Spiritual practice
- Standards and Practices, a conventional, traditional, or otherwise standardised method
Other articles related to "practice":
... was also shepherding his other two shows, Chicago Hope and The Practice, although he was not actively participating in Chicago Hope at the time ... and an emotional wreck." In contrast to The Practice and its idealistic lawyers, the law firm in Ally McBeal was founded only to make money ... Parallel to The Practice, Kelley penned all the scripts for the first season, then brought in other writers in subsequent years although he continued to write many episodes himself ...
... The practice of using wet nurses is ancient and common to many cultures ... Lactation inhibits ovulation in some women, thus the practice has a rational basis ...
... Swami Satyananda, it is written, "Kriya sadhana may be thought of as the sadhana of the "practice of being in Atman" ...
... for entry to postgraduate training for professional practice ... The division of nursing and counselling has a dedicated nursing bay on campus for real clinical practice, as well as a counselling suite for students to practice their therapeutic techniques ...
... Ally McBeal on FOX and The Practice on ABC were the first two projects to come from this deal ... Premiering as a midseason replacement for the 1996-1997 season, The Practice was Kelley's chance to write another courtroom drama but one focusing on the less glamorous realities of ... The Practice would be the first of four successful series by Kelley that were set in Boston, proximal to his hometown of Belmont, Massachusetts ...
Famous quotes containing the word practice:
“By practice and conviction formed,
With ancient stubbornness ingrained,
Although her body clung and swarmed,
My own identity remained.”
—Yvor Winters (19001968)
“Like the British Constitution, she owes her success in practice to her inconsistencies in principle.”
—Thomas Hardy (18401928)
“They never consulted with books, and know and can tell much less than they have done. The things which they practice are said not yet to be known.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)