Pink Squirrels in Popular Culture
- The Pink Squirrel is the favorite drink of Crystal in the sitcom Roseanne.
- The drink, "Virgin Pink Squirrel" is the favorite drink of Audrey Penney from Ellen.
- In the The West Wing season 2 episode "Bartlet's Third State of the Union", the character Ainsley Hayes drinks a Pink Squirrel while wearing a bathrobe and dancing in her office. She throws it into the air and shrieks when the President walks into her office for the first time.
- In the Broadway musical The Wedding Singer (based on the movie of the same name), George orders a Pink Squirrel.
- In an episode of The Nanny Fran gets drunk from drinking Pink Squirrels.
- In the stage play At First Sight by Anne Pie, both the lead character Julia and her sister Verna drink Pink Squirrels at the Ritz Carleton in Palm Springs, California.
- In King of the Hill, season 8 episode 11, Bill Dauterive is pretending to be a gay hair stylist and orders a Pink Squirrel when out at a night club.
- In Vagrant Story, a treasure chest containing a mace named Pink Squirrel can be found in the wine cellar.
- In Cocktail the Pink Squirrel is one of the drinks listed in Brian Flanagan's poem "The Last Barman Poet".
Read more about this topic: Pink Squirrel
Other articles related to "squirrel, squirrels":
... "Sciurini" was first employed by Hermann Burmeister in 1854, who used it for the entire squirrel family ... his influential 1945 classification of mammals, George Gaylord Simpson included four genera of squirrels in Sciurini, which he recognized as one of eight tribes within the subfamily Sciurinae (including all ... This grouping derives from Reginald Innes Pocock, who united these squirrels in 1923 as the subfamily Sciurinae ...
... Sciuridae Subfamily Callosciurinae Tribe Callosciurini Callosciurus - Beautiful squirrels (15 species) Dremomys - Red-cheeked squirrels or Asian montane ...
... Sun squirrels (genus Heliosciurus), form a taxon of squirrels under the subfamily Xerinae and the tribe Protoxerini ... Sun squirrels have been implicated in the spread of human monkeypox in the Democratic Republic of the Congo ... There are 6 species in the genus Gambian Sun Squirrel Heliosciurus gambianus Mutable Sun Squirrel Heliosciurus mutabilis Small Sun Squirrel Heliosciurus punctatus Red-legged Sun Squirrel Heliosciurus ...
... tribe that includes about forty species of squirrels, mostly from the Americas ... It includes five living genera—the American dwarf squirrels, Microsciurus the Bornean Rheithrosciurus the widespread American and Eurasian tree squirrels of the genus Sciurus, which includes some ... Like other arboreal squirrels, they are sometimes referred to as tree squirrels ...
... except bears sometimes birds) Owl (weasels, squirrels, mice, rats, skunks, and rabbits) Fox (squirrels, rabbits, mice, rats, skunks, birds, and cats) Weasel (squirrels, birds ...
Famous quotes containing the words culture, popular and/or pink:
“To be a Negro is to participate in a culture of poverty and fear that goes far deeper than any law for or against discrimination.... After the racist statutes are all struck down, after legal equality has been achieved in the schools and in the courts, there remains the profound institutionalized and abiding wrong that white America has worked on the Negro for so long.”
—Michael Harrington (19281989)
“The poet needs a ground in popular tradition on which he may work, and which, again, may restrain his art within the due temperance. It holds him to the people, supplies a foundation for his edifice; and, in furnishing so much work done to his hand, leaves him at leisure, and in full strength for the audacities of his imagination.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“Once they came on a maple in a glade,
Standing alone with smooth arms lifted up,
And every leaf of foliage shed worn
Laid scarlet and pale pink about her feet.”
—Robert Frost (18741963)