Pink Squirrels in Popular Culture
- The Pink Squirrel is the favorite drink of Crystal in the sitcom Roseanne.
- The drink, "Virgin Pink Squirrel" is the favorite drink of Audrey Penney from Ellen.
- In the The West Wing season 2 episode "Bartlet's Third State of the Union", the character Ainsley Hayes drinks a Pink Squirrel while wearing a bathrobe and dancing in her office. She throws it into the air and shrieks when the President walks into her office for the first time.
- In the Broadway musical The Wedding Singer (based on the movie of the same name), George orders a Pink Squirrel.
- In an episode of The Nanny Fran gets drunk from drinking Pink Squirrels.
- In the stage play At First Sight by Anne Pie, both the lead character Julia and her sister Verna drink Pink Squirrels at the Ritz Carleton in Palm Springs, California.
- In King of the Hill, season 8 episode 11, Bill Dauterive is pretending to be a gay hair stylist and orders a Pink Squirrel when out at a night club.
- In Vagrant Story, a treasure chest containing a mace named Pink Squirrel can be found in the wine cellar.
- In Cocktail the Pink Squirrel is one of the drinks listed in Brian Flanagan's poem "The Last Barman Poet".
Read more about this topic: Pink Squirrel
Other articles related to "squirrels, squirrel":
... except bears sometimes birds) Owl (weasels, squirrels, mice, rats, skunks, and rabbits) Fox (squirrels, rabbits, mice, rats, skunks, birds, and cats) Weasel (squirrels, birds, rabbits ...
... Sun squirrels (genus Heliosciurus), form a taxon of squirrels under the subfamily Xerinae and the tribe Protoxerini ... Sun squirrels have been implicated in the spread of human monkeypox in the Democratic Republic of the Congo ... There are 6 species in the genus Gambian Sun Squirrel Heliosciurus gambianus Mutable Sun Squirrel Heliosciurus mutabilis Small Sun Squirrel Heliosciurus ...
... Subfamily Callosciurinae Tribe Callosciurini Callosciurus - Beautiful squirrels (15 species) Dremomys - Red-cheeked squirrels or Asian montane squirrels (5 species) Exilisciurus - Asian pygmy squirrels (3 ...
... was first employed by Hermann Burmeister in 1854, who used it for the entire squirrel family. 1945 classification of mammals, George Gaylord Simpson included four genera of squirrels in Sciurini, which he recognized as one of eight tribes within the subfamily Sciurinae (including all squirrels ... This grouping derives from Reginald Innes Pocock, who united these squirrels in 1923 as the subfamily Sciurinae ...
... tribe that includes about forty species of squirrels, mostly from the Americas ... It includes five living genera—the American dwarf squirrels, Microsciurus the Bornean Rheithrosciurus the widespread American and Eurasian tree ... Like other arboreal squirrels, they are sometimes referred to as tree squirrels ...
Famous quotes containing the words popular culture, culture, popular and/or pink:
“Popular culture entered my life as Shirley Temple, who was exactly my age and wrote a letter in the newspapers telling how her mother fixed spinach for her, with lots of butter.... I was impressed by Shirley Temple as a little girl my age who had power: she could write a piece for the newspapers and have it printed in her own handwriting.”
—Adrienne Rich (b. 1929)
“There is something terribly wrong with a culture inebriated by noise and gregariousness.”
—George Steiner (b. 1929)
“I am glad of this war. It kicks the pasteboard bottom in of the usual good popular novel. People have felt much more deeply and strongly these last few months.”
—D.H. (David Herbert)
“The pink paint on the innocence of fear;
Walk in a gingerly manner up the hall.”
—Gwendolyn Brooks (b. 1917)