- Preliminary notes on the political and economic ideas of Ezra Pound, private edition, London, 1948
- "Elements or ingredients of poetry" and "Imagination": two addresses on poetry, private edition, Pian di Scò, 1991
- 'Ezra Pound and the cantos' - lecture given at the British Council, Naples, edition private Pian di Scò, 1991
- Vision in the poetry of Ezra Pound or, Ezra Pound and the invisible, private edition, Pian di Scò, 1991
- Ezra Pound, great poet, great friend, conference held at the Petrarch Academy of Arezzo 20 March 1991, private edition, Pian di Scò 1991
- Dante and Islam, private edition, Terranuova Bracciolini, 1991
- Five addresses on poetry, private edition, Pian di Scò, 1991
- Tolkien and the Imagination, private edition, Pian di Scò, 1991
- Kossovo like cosmic symbol - a speech given in occasion of the encounter of October of the union of the writers of the Republic of Serbia, Belgrade 1989, private edition, Pian di Scò, 1991
- The image of woman as a figure of the Spirit, Four lectures given at the Carl Gustav Jung Institute, Zurigo, 1991, private edition, Pian di Scò, 1991, then published in editions of the University of Salzburg, 1992
- Celestial assumption: four conferences on Dante and Islam, private edition, Pian di Scò, 1992
- Dante and Islam - a general introduction, four conferences held in 1991, private edition, Pian di Scò, 1992
- Poetic asides I, University of Salzburg, 1992
- Quiintilii Apocalypseos Fragmenta - Introduction, private edition, Pian di Scò, 1992
- Poetry and meaning - Preamble to a selection of lyrical poems for the Freies Gymnasium, Basel (October 1990), private edition, Pian di Scò, 1992
- Vitalism or abdication, private edition, Pian di Scò, 1992
- The exile - from the United Kingdom - 1st Dantesque International Conference (9–10 October 1992, Poppi, Arezzo), from the title it "In the track of Dante; the exile and the writers of the 1900's", private edition, Pian di Scò, 1992
- Campagna, verde campagna, private edition, Pian di Scò, 1992
- Avant-propos ad una lettura delle proprie poesie, private edition, Pian di Scò, 1992
- In the tradition - a British writer living in Italy - An address given to Sarah Lawrence University and Richmond College, Florence, March 1991, private edition, Pian di Scò, 1992
- 'New poetry from Italy' - a review of the anthology "New Italian poets" edited by Dana Gioia & Michael Palm (Story Linens Press, Brownsville, U.S.A., 1991), private edition, Pian di Scò, 1992
- Poetic asides II, University of Salzburg, 1993
- Two notes on Caio Gracco, private edition, Pian di Scò, 1993
- Shelley, Plato and Thomas Taylor - a lecture given at the International Bicentenary Conference on Percy Bysshe Shelley at the University of Salzburg (September–October 1992), private edition, Pian di Scò, 1993
- La visione pavesiane del 'Moby Dick' di Melville - conference held in 1993 near the Municipality of Terranuova Bracciolini, private edition, Pian di Scò, 1994
- Something about poetry - Selected lectures and essays by Peter Russell edited by Glyn Pursglove, University of Salzburg, 1997
Other articles related to "prose":
... There are many types of prose, including nonfictional prose, heroic prose, prose poem, polyphonic prose, alliterative prose, prose fiction and village prose in Russian literature ... A prose poem is a composition in prose that has some of the qualities of a poem ...
... a fantastic and grotesque element (The History of a Town and prose fables) ... Many prose works of Symbolist Valery Bryusov may be classified as science fiction ... Prose of Alexander Kondratyev who was close to Symbolism included "mythological novel" Satyress (1907) and collection of "mythological stories" White Goat (1908), both based ...
... It is a hybrid work made up of alternating sections of prose and free verse ... It might best be understood as a manifesto of the imagination the prose passages are a dramatic, energetic, and often cryptic series of statements about the ways in which language can be renewed ... again published as a free-standing book, though the poems and some of the prose sections were reprinted in various combinations through the years ...
... György C ... Kálmán writes about Idegenek “In the world of the novel – it is difficult to interpret Petőcz’s work any other way – everyone is an outsider ...
... Miscellanies in Prose and Verse, published in 1766 as a quarto edition by Thomas Davies with Johnson adding a preface and several prose and verse pieces ... Miscellanies is a collection of disparate pieces, verse, prose, and dramatic fragments ...
Famous quotes containing the word prose:
“Despots play their part in the works of thinkers. Fettered words are terrible words. The writer doubles and trebles the power of his writing when a ruler imposes silence on the people. Something emerges from that enforced silence, a mysterious fullness which filters through and becomes steely in the thought. Repression in history leads to conciseness in the historian, and the rocklike hardness of much celebrated prose is due to the tempering of the tyrant.”
—Victor Hugo (18021885)
“Poetry is the language in which man explores his own amazement ... says heaven and earth in one word ... speaks of himself and his predicament as though for the first time. It has the virtue of being able to say twice as much as prose in half the time, and the drawback, if you do not give it your full attention, of seeming to say half as much in twice the time.”
—Christopher Fry (b. 1907)
“Good Heavens! For more than forty years I have been speaking prose without knowing it.”
—Molière [Jean Baptiste Poquelin] (16221673)