Books and Monographs
- Ladefoged (1962). The nature of vowel quality.
Monograph supplement to Revista do Laboratório de Fonética Experimental da Faculdade de Letras da Universidade de Coimbra
(Journal of Experimental Phonetics Laboratory of the Faculty of Arts, University of Coimbra).
- Ladefoged (1962). Elements of acoustic phonetics. University of Chicago Press. ISBN 0-226-46764-3. Paperback edition 1971. Translation into Japanese, Taishukan Publishing Company, 1976. Second edition, with added chapters on computational phonetics 1996.
- Ladefoged (1964). A phonetic study of west African languages. Cambridge: Cambridge University. ISBN 0-521-06963-7. Reprinted 1968.
- Ladefoged (1967). Three areas of experimental phonetics. London: Oxford University Press. ISBN 0-19-437110-7.
- Ladefoged, Peter; Ruth Glick & Clive Criper (1969). Language in Uganda. Nairobi: Oxford University Press. ISBN 0-19-436101-2.
- Ladefoged (1971). Preliminaries to linguistic phonetics. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
- Ladefoged (1975). A course in phonetics. Orlando: Harcourt Brace. ISBN 0-15-507319-2. 2nd ed 1982, 3rd ed. 1993, 4th ed. 2001, 5th ed. Boston: Thomson/Wadsworth 2006. Japanese translation 2000.
- Ladefoged, Peter; Maddieson, Ian (1996). The Sounds of the World's Languages. Oxford: Blackwell. ISBN 0-631-19814-8.
- Ladefoged (2001). Vowels and consonants: An introduction to the sounds of languages. Oxford: Blackwells. ISBN 0-631-21412-7. 2001, 2nd ed. 2004.
- Ladefoged (2003). Phonetic data analysis: An introduction to instrumental phonetic fieldwork. Oxford: Blackwells.. ISBN 0-631-23270-2.
- Ladefoged (2006). Interactive CD-ROM for "A Course in Phonetics". ISBN 1-4130-1420-8.
- Ladefoged (in progress before death) (PDF). Representing linguistic phonetic structure. Faculty profile: UCLA. http://www.linguistics.ucla.edu/people/ladefoge/phoneticstructure.pdf.
Other articles related to "books and monographs, monograph, book":
... Monograph analysing judicial theories of aboriginal title as developed by Canadian, American, and Commonwealth courts ... Book dealing with the legal principles of sentencing as expounded by East African and British courts ...
Famous quotes containing the words monographs and/or books:
“Living in cities is an art, and we need the vocabulary of art, of style, to describe the peculiar relationship between man and material that exists in the continual creative play of urban living. The city as we imagine it, then, soft city of illusion, myth, aspiration, and nightmare, is as real, maybe more real, than the hard city one can locate on maps in statistics, in monographs on urban sociology and demography and architecture.”
—Jonathan Raban (b. 1942)
“If writers were too wise, perhaps no books would get written at all. It might be better to ask yourself Why? afterwards than before. Anyway, the force from somewhere in Space which commands you to write in the first place, gives you no choice. You take up the pen when you are told, and write what is commanded. There is no agony like bearing an untold story inside you.”
—Zora Neale Hurston (18911960)