As of January 2010, front line officers wear black shirts, cargo pants with a red stripe and boots. Winter jackets are either black or reflective orange/yellow with the word POLICE in white and blue at the back. Hats are standard forage caps with a red band. Yukon hats or embroidered toques are worn in the winter.
Senior officers wear white shirts and a black dress jacket.----- Amendment -----
The Peel Regional Police do not wear black shirts or jackets, they are dark-navy.
- Frontline officers wear dark-navy shirts, v-neck sweaters (optional during cold weather months), and side-pocket patrol pants ("cargo pants") w/ red stripe (ranks Sergeant and higher wear a black stripe down their pant leg in place of red); and officers wear dark-navy epaulet (rank) slip-ons on the epaulets of shirts, sweaters, and jackets w/ embroidered Canadian flag and badge number (in white) beneath on each (rank insignia above the flag for ranks above constable).
- Senior officers do wear white shirts, dark-navy pants (no side pocket/cargo pocket) w/ black stripe, and dark-navy jackets. Dark-navy v-neck sweaters are also worn. Senior officers wear gold collar brass (on the collar of their shirts) and dark-navy epaulet (rank) slip-ons on the epaulets of shirts, sweaters, and jackets w/ embroidered Canadian flag, no badge number, and applicable rank insignia above the flag.
- The external carriers (body armour) worn by officers ARE black w/ silver 'POLICE' on the back and an embroidered patch over the right pocket w/ badge # embroidered in white. This is the only uniform item that is black (currently); they may switch to matching dark-navy carriers in the future.
- On dark-navy v-neck sweaters, an embroidered patch is worn on the left chest w/ 'POLICE' in white.
- Officers standard headdress is the forage (or peak) cap; the cap is dark-navy w/ black peak, red band, and silver cap badge (gold cap badge for senior officers). Optional Yukon hat (artificial fur hat) or uniform toque can be worn in the winter. Officers of the Sikh faith are permitted to wear uniform turban (dark-navy blue with red stripe and cap badge).
- The shoulder flash (embroidered patch) worn on each arm by officers ranked Constable through Staff Sergeant has white border, white lettering, black background, and coloured seal of the Regional Municipality of Peel.
- The shoulder flash (embroidered patch) worn on each arm by senior officers (Inspector and above) has gold border, gold lettering, black background, and coloured seal of the Regional Municipality of Peel.
Read more about this topic: Peel Regional Police
Other articles related to "uniform, uniforms":
... Some uniforms have specially-manufactured buttons, which, in the case of antiques, often outlast the fabric components of the uniform, and become highly ...
... The White Stig (MkI) uniform consists of a white Alpinestars racing suit with small Grand Prix Racewear logo, a white Simpson Bandit and later, Diamondback race helmet, black on white Alpinestars Tech 1-ZX gloves, and ... The New Stig's uniform is very similar to the previous Stig but has black epaulettes ...
... The Battle Dress Uniform (BDU) are fatigues that were used by the United States military as their standard uniform for combat situations from the ... Navy currently authorizes wear of the BDU uniform at locations such as at the U.S ... with other Military services may wear Woodland BDUs, and the Desert Camouflage Uniform (a variation of the BDU) but known by another name ...
... The Uniform Limited Liability Company Act (ULLCA), which includes a 2006 revision called the Revised Uniform Limited Liability Company Act, is a uniform act (similar ...
... In mid-2009, the Air Force's 98th Virtual Uniform Board announced "Airmen earning and awarded the Parachute Riggers Badge are authorized permanent wear on all uniform combinations ... For the airman battle uniform and the battle dress uniform, the badge will be blue ... On the desert combat uniform the approved color is brown." ...
Famous quotes containing the word uniform:
“The Federal Constitution has stood the test of more than a hundred years in supplying the powers that have been needed to make the Central Government as strong as it ought to be, and with this movement toward uniform legislation and agreements between the States I do not see why the Constitution may not serve our people always.”
—William Howard Taft (18571930)
“He may be a very nice man. But I havent got the time to figure that out. All I know is, hes got a uniform and a gun and I have to relate to him that way. Thats the only way to relate to him because one of us may have to die.”
—James Baldwin (19241987)
“When a uniform exercise of kindness to prisoners on our part has been returned by as uniform severity on the part of our enemies, you must excuse me for saying it is high time, by other lessons, to teach respect to the dictates of humanity; in such a case, retaliation becomes an act of benevolence.”
—Thomas Jefferson (17431826)