Peak may refer to:
Arts and Fashion
- The British English term for the part of a hat known as the visor in American English
- Peak Practice, a British television drama series
- Peak Performance, a sports clothing brand from Sweden
- Peak, a sneakers brand from China
- PEAKS (software) - a proteomic mass spectrometry software, used to identify and quantitate proteins/peptides.
- BIAS Peak – a professional audio editing program on the Apple platform
Geography and geology
- A mountain peak, see summit (topography)
- Hubbert peak theory or peak oil, a theory that oil production worldwide is expected to reach a maximum level after which it will decline
- More specifically, a pyramidal peak, a mountaintop that has been sculpted by erosion to form a point
Mathematics and Physics
- The highest, or sometimes the highest and lowest (see peak-to-peak), points on a varying waveform
- Peak electricity usage times or peak demand, see Energy demand management
- Peak (geometry), an (n-3)-dimensional element of a polytope
- Peak (pharmacology) or when a drug reaches its maximum plasma concentrations
- Peak experiences
- Another name for the rush hour
- The highest corner of a four-sided, fore-aft sail
- A nicknamed used to refer to the British Rail Class 44 diesel locomotives, and also classes 45 and 46
As a proper noun
- Peak Sport, Chinese sports apparel manufacturer
- Peak Records, a record label
- Peak to Peak Charter School
Proper geographical names include:
- Peak District in the Midlands of England
- Pikes Peak in Colorado, United States
- Victoria Peak in Hong Kong
- Peak, a village in Ya Tung, Cambodia
- Peak Castle, Derbyshire
- Peak (novel), written by Roland Smith.
Other articles related to "peak":
... He also became the first recorded man to reach the peak of Mount Kinabalu ... The highest peak of the mountain was later named after him—Low's Peak ...
... rises to 1,031 metres (3,383 ft), the highest peak in Gujarat ... A stone path — a pilgrimage route - climbs from peak to peak ... steps from the trailhead to the last temple on the highest peak, but the actual number is roughly 8,000 ...
... coordinates Place data as RDF Mountain/Peak Height (metres) Prominence (metres) Height (feet) Prominence (feet) Location Mount Waddington 3289. 13,186 10,791 51°22.3′N 125°15.7′W / 51.3717°N ...
... There were 28 households out of which 21.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 42.9% were married couples living together, 17.9% had a female householder with no husband present, and 39.3% were non-families. 39.3% of all households were made up of individuals and 21.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older ...
... Ouray Peak, 3,949 meters (12,957 ft) tall, is a peak located central Colorado ... The peak is located in the northern Sawatch Mountains ... Not to be confused with Mount Ouray, also called Ouray Peak in northern Saguache County ...
Famous quotes containing the word peak:
“You know, I often thought that the gangster and the artist are the same in the eyes of the masses. Theyre admired and hero-worshipped but there is always present underlying desire to see them destroyed at the peak of their glory.”
—Stanley Kubrick (b. 1928)
“I think Ive been good, but I want to be better. I think women reach their peak in their mid-thirties.”
—Mary Decker Slaney (b. 1958)
“In all things I would have the island of a man inviolate. Let us sit apart as the gods, talking from peak to peak all round Olympus. No degree of affection need invade this religion.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)