- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Horticulture & Forestry
- Faculty of Veterinary
- Faculty of Agri-Business Management
The university has specialization in providing higher education specifically in the fields of Agriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, Veterinary and Fisheries. It aims to provide higher education to people and to impart technical knowledge in them. Navsari Agricultural university Commencing with a college of agriculture established in 1965 on a sprawling farm land of 400 hectares located on the historic road of Dandi March around 3 km from Navsari railway station and 8 km from the National Highway No. 8, the Navsari campus gained the status of a separate agricultural university with effect from May 1, 2004.
The university caters to the needs of the farmers of the plantation crops in the heartland of Gujarat; the Kanam zone of cotton, sorghum and pigeon pea and hill millets of tribal belt. Besides the above, this area is also well known for its forest tree species like teak, Khair, Kalam and bamboo. To provide technological backup for the agricultural development in its domain (Map of Districts Covered) the Navsari Agricultural University has four fully developed faculties of agriculture, horticulture, forestry and Veterinary, 2 Zonal Research Stations (Navsari and Bharuch), three main crop based research station (cotton, sorghum and mango), 3 regional research station (Waghai, Vyara and Gandevi) and 6 verification/testing centers.
The extension component includes three Krushi Vigyan Kendras (Waghai, Vyara and Navsari), one Sardar Smruti Kendra (Navsari), and a T & V scheme. This university also offers vocational courses in horticulture at Navsari, home science at Vyara, agriculture at Waghai and Bharuch as well as Livestock Management, Bakery and Mali and extension education trainings at Navsari.
- N. M. College of Agriculture
- ASPEE College of Horticulture and Forestry
- College of Forestry
- ASPEE Institute of Agribusiness Management
- Vanbandhu College of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry
- College of Agriculture, Waghai (Dangs)
- College of Agriculture, Bharuch
- Gujarat Agricultural BioTech Institute, Surat
- Polytechnic in Agriculture Maktampur, Bharuch
- Polytechnic in Agriculture Vyara, Tapi
- Polytechnic Agriculture Engineering Dediapada, Narmada
- Agriculture Cooperation, Banking & Marketing Polytechnic, Waghai (Dangs)
- Polytechnic in Horticulture, NAU, Paria (Valsad)
- Soil-Science Department,NAU,Navsari
- Agricultural Experimental Station,NAU,Paria
- Wheat Research Station,NAU,Bardoli
- Cotton Wilt Research Sub Station,NAU,Hansot
- Regional Rice Research Station, NAU, Vyara
- Soil and Water Management Research Unit
- Fruit Research Station, Gandevi
- Hill Millet Research Station,Waghai (Dangs)
- Main Cotton Research Station, Surat
- National Agricultural Research Project, Bharuch
- Agricultural Research Station, Tanchha (Bharuch)
- Regional Sugarcan Research Station, Navsari
- Agricultural Research Station, Achhalia
- Mega Seed, Pulses and Castor Research Unit, Navsari
- Regional Cotton Research Station, NAU, Maktampura, Bharuch
- Food Quality Testing Laboratory, Navsari
- Main Sorghum Research Station, Athwa
- Livestock Research Station, Navsari
- Center of Excellence on Post Harvest Technology
- Sardar Smruti Kendra: Navsari
- Training and Visit System: Navsari
- Farm Advisory Service: Navsari
- Extension Wing: Navsari
- Advanced Training Centre for Soil and Water Management: Navsari
- Vegetable and Fruit Demonstration Scheme for Tribal Upliftment: Pariya
- Demonstration-cum-Training Centre for Inland Fisheries
- Agricultural Technology Information Centre (ATIC): Navsari
- Krushi Vigyan Kendra: Vyara
- Krushi Vigyan Kendra: Waghai
- Krushi Vigyan Kendra: Navsari
- Krushi Vigyan Kendra: Dediyapada
- Krushi Vigyan Kendra: Surat
- Bakery Training Unit: Navsari
- Landscaping and Gardening Training Programme: Navsari
Read more about this topic: Navsari Agricultural University
Other articles related to "colleges, college":
... College of Da’wa and Usul-ud-Din College of Arabic Language College of Education (in Makkah) College of Applied Sciences College of Social Sciences College of Engineering and Islamic Architecture Faculty ...
... AMA Computer Learning Center Christ Baptist Bible College Christ the King Technical School Criminal Justice College Datamex Institute of Computer Technology Every Nation Leadership Institute Imus Computer ... Lyceum of Alabang (Formerly National College of Science Technology - Alabang) New Alabang Technical and Learning Institute Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Muntinlupa (NBP Reservation ...
... Velammal Engineering College, is an engineering college located in Chennai, India ... Established in 1995, this college is managed by Velammal Education Trust, which was founded in 1986 by Thuri ... This is the first private engineering College to obtain an ISO 90012000 certificate ...
... Bramson ORT College is an undergraduate college operated by the American branch of the Jewish charity World ORT ... Touro College/NYSCAS has a branch location in Forest Hills ...
... The University of Wisconsin Colleges is a unit of the University of Wisconsin System composed of 13 local campuses and one online campus, University of Wisconsin Colleges Online ... County University of Wisconsin–Waukesha University of Wisconsin Colleges Online An Associate's Degree can be earned at any of the campuses, including the online campus ... The UW Colleges is also frequently used as a stepping stone in order to transfer to another institution in the University of Wisconsin System ...
Famous quotes containing the word colleges:
“I learn immediately from any speaker how much he has already lived, through the poverty or the splendor of his speech. Life lies behind us as the quarry from whence we get tiles and copestones for the masonry of today. This is the way to learn grammar. Colleges and books only copy the language which the field and the work-yard made.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“But here comes Generosity; givingnot to a decayed artistbut to the arts and sciences themselves.See,he builds ... whole schools and colleges for those who come after. Lord! how they will magnify his name!
One honest tear shed in private over the unfortunate, is worth them all.”
—Laurence Sterne (17131768)
“The fetish of the great university, of expensive colleges for young women, is too often simply a fetish. It is not based on a genuine desire for learning. Education today need not be sought at any great distance. It is largely compounded of two things, of a certain snobbishness on the part of parents, and of escape from home on the part of youth. And to those who must earn quickly it is often sheer waste of time. Very few colleges prepare their students for any special work.”
—Mary Roberts Rinehart (18761958)