- Jonny Buckland, guitarist for Coldplay, hails from Pantymwyn (a village two miles from Mold) and attended the Alun School.
- Ron Hughes, a former professional footballer who enjoyed a long career with Chester City F.C. and played for and managed Mold Alexandra F.C., was born in Mold.
- Rhys Ifans, actor who appeared in the films Notting Hill, The 51st State and Kevin & Perry Go Large, attended Mold's Welsh speaking high school, Maes Garmon.
- Rhodri Meilir, actor best known for playing the character 'Alfie' in BBC comedy, My Family, was born in the town.
- Daniel Owen, Welsh language novelist.
- Adam Walton, BBC Radio Wales DJ, attended the Alun School and comes from the nearby village of Nannerch.
- Richard Wilson, a Welsh landscape painter, and one of the founder members of the Royal Academy, settled in Mold in 1781 and is buried in the grounds of St Mary's Church.
- The Joy Formidable, alternative rock band formed and lived in Mold.
- Raymond Davies Hughes, Nazi collaborator and Welsh language broadcaster was from Mold.
Read more about this topic: Mold, Flintshire
Other articles related to "notable people":
... Coordinates 42°42′00″N 88°48′22″W / 42.7°N 88.80611°W / 42.7 -88.80611. ...
Famous quotes containing the words people and/or notable:
“Each of the professions means a prejudice. The necessity for a career forces every one to take sides. We live in the age of the overworked, and the under-educated; the age in which people are so industrious that they become absolutely stupid.”
—Oscar Wilde (18541900)
“Every notable advance in technique or organization has to be paid for, and in most cases the debit is more or less equivalent to the credit. Except of course when its more than equivalent, as it has been with universal education, for example, or wireless, or these damned aeroplanes. In which case, of course, your progress is a step backwards and downwards.”
—Aldous Huxley (18941963)