- Jonny Buckland, guitarist for Coldplay, hails from Pantymwyn (a village two miles from Mold) and attended the Alun School.
- Ron Hughes, a former professional footballer who enjoyed a long career with Chester City F.C. and played for and managed Mold Alexandra F.C., was born in Mold.
- Rhys Ifans, actor who appeared in the films Notting Hill, The 51st State and Kevin & Perry Go Large, attended Mold's Welsh speaking high school, Maes Garmon.
- Rhodri Meilir, actor best known for playing the character 'Alfie' in BBC comedy, My Family, was born in the town.
- Daniel Owen, Welsh language novelist.
- Adam Walton, BBC Radio Wales DJ, attended the Alun School and comes from the nearby village of Nannerch.
- Richard Wilson, a Welsh landscape painter, and one of the founder members of the Royal Academy, settled in Mold in 1781 and is buried in the grounds of St Mary's Church.
- The Joy Formidable, alternative rock band formed and lived in Mold.
- Raymond Davies Hughes, Nazi collaborator and Welsh language broadcaster was from Mold.
Read more about this topic: Mold, Flintshire
Other articles related to "notable people":
... Coordinates 42°42′00″N 88°48′22″W / 42.7°N 88.80611°W / 42.7 -88.80611. ...
Famous quotes containing the words people and/or notable:
“The same people who are murdered slowly in the mechanized slaughterhouses of work are also arguing, singing, drinking, dancing, making love, holding the streets, picking up weapons and inventing a new poetry.”
—Raoul Vaneigem (b. 1934)
“a notable prince that was called King John;
And he ruled England with main and with might,
For he did great wrong, and maintained little right.”
—Unknown. King John and the Abbot of Canterbury (l. 24)