- Jonny Buckland, guitarist for Coldplay, hails from Pantymwyn (a village two miles from Mold) and attended the Alun School.
- Ron Hughes, a former professional footballer who enjoyed a long career with Chester City F.C. and played for and managed Mold Alexandra F.C., was born in Mold.
- Rhys Ifans, actor who appeared in the films Notting Hill, The 51st State and Kevin & Perry Go Large, attended Mold's Welsh speaking high school, Maes Garmon.
- Rhodri Meilir, actor best known for playing the character 'Alfie' in BBC comedy, My Family, was born in the town.
- Daniel Owen, Welsh language novelist.
- Adam Walton, BBC Radio Wales DJ, attended the Alun School and comes from the nearby village of Nannerch.
- Richard Wilson, a Welsh landscape painter, and one of the founder members of the Royal Academy, settled in Mold in 1781 and is buried in the grounds of St Mary's Church.
- The Joy Formidable, alternative rock band formed and lived in Mold.
- Raymond Davies Hughes, Nazi collaborator and Welsh language broadcaster was from Mold.
Read more about this topic: Mold, Flintshire
Other articles related to "notable people":
... Coordinates 42°42′00″N 88°48′22″W / 42.7°N 88.80611°W / 42.7 -88.80611. ...
Famous quotes containing the words people and/or notable:
“There will be but few people who, when at a loss for topics of conversation, will not reveal the more secret affairs of their friends.”
—Friedrich Nietzsche (18441900)
“In one notable instance, where the United States Army and a hundred years of persuasion failed, a highway has succeeded. The Seminole Indians surrendered to the Tamiami Trail. From the Everglades the remnants of this race emerged, soon after the trail was built, to set up their palm-thatched villages along the road and to hoist tribal flags as a lure to passing motorists.”
—For the State of Florida, U.S. public relief program (1935-1943)