Mekong Capital is a Vietnam-focused private equity firm. Operating in Vietnam since 2001, Mekong Capital is one of the first private equity firms to engage Vietnam, and has completed over 25 private equity investments in Vietnam through 3 funds with approximately 30 full-time employees. Mekong Capital has offices in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi and Singapore. Focusing on manufacturing companies until 2005, Mekong Capital shifted its focus towards consumer-driven businesses in 2006. Mekong Capital is known as a private equity firm that has invested significant resources in the development of its corporate culture, and in the corporate cultures of its portfolio companies, and is the subject of several case studies.
Mekong Capital was founded by Chris Freund in 2001. Chris Freund was formerly with Templeton Asset Management, based in Vietnam and Singapore, from 1995 to 2001.
Some of Mekong Capital's well known investments include:
- The Gioi Di Dong (MobileWorld) - Vietnam's largest mobile phone retail chain, with 226 mobile phone stores and 9 large-format consumer electronics stores, and more than 20% market share nationwide;
- Golden Gate - A fast-growing restaurant operator, with more than 35 restaurants within 4 brand concepts: Ashima, Kichi Kichi, Sumo BBQ and Vuvuzela;
- Vietnam Australia International Schools (VAS) - One of the largest K-12 private school chains in Vietnam, with 14 campuses for the 2010/2011 school year;
- DigiWorld - one of the largest IT distribution companies in Vietnam, representing brands such as Dell, Acer, HP, Toshiba, Samsung, Gateway, Lexmark, Logitech and others;
- Traphaco - The market share leader in the manufacturing, branding and distribution of traditional medicines and herbal supplements in Vietnam;
- Nam Long Real Estate - One of the most successful housing development firms in the Ho Chi Minh City area, focusing on low-cost and middle market housing;
- An Giang Plant Protection - The largest distributor of plant protection chemicals in Vietnam, and a pioneer in vertically integrated rice processing in Vietnam;
- Phu Nhuan Jewelry - The largest jewelry retail chain in Vietnam, with 165 stores;
- FPT Corporation - The leading information technology/telecom conglomerate in Vietnam;
- Asia Chemical Corp (ACC) - The largest locally owned specialty chemical distribution company in Vietnam.
Other articles related to "mekong capital":
... Mekong Capital’s application of Vision Driven Investing is featured in a case study by Harvard Business School entitled Mekong Capital Building a Culture of Leadership in Vietnam ...
Famous quotes containing the word capital:
“In bourgeois society capital is independent and has individuality, while the living person is dependent and has no individuality.”
—Karl Marx (18181883)