Magic may refer to:
- Magic (illusion), the art of appearing to perform supernatural feats using sleight of hand, escapology, or other methods
- Magic (paranormal), the use of paranormal methods to manipulate natural forces, such as witchcraft
- Ceremonial magic, a ritual system of esoteric spiritual development using occult techniques
- Magick, a specific system of ritual magic deriving from the religious philosophy of Thelema
- Magic and religion, which may involve the intercession of deities or other spirits, such as prayer
- Magic (fantasy), fictional characters or objects with magical powers.
- Magic in fiction, the treatment of magic in fictional works
- Magic (Middle-earth), the mystical, paranormal, or supernatural activity, appear in various forms in J. R. R. Tolkien's fictional realm of Middle-earth.
- Magic (gaming), the portrayal of magic in roleplaying games
- Magic of Dungeons & Dragons, widely used in the role-playing community, across many different fictional worlds, and across books, board games, video games, and movies.
Other articles related to "magic":
... The Trobrianders practice many traditional magic spells ... Trobrianders believe that no one can make up a new magic spell ... Sometimes a man gives a woman magic spells because he wants to give her more than betel nuts or tobacco ...
... Intelligences, Atlantis is a land ruled by magic and monsters ... Enhanced by parasites or other magic, they are then pitted against one another or bizarre, monstrous creatures ... The Splugorth are also masters of Rune Magic (such as the creation of the fabled rune weapons), an offshoot of Bio-Wizardry ...
... A completely re-worked magic system was produced which was available as a boxed expansion set ... than selecting spells they were drawn at random and the magic phase was based on the play of these cards, making magic a bit like a game within a game ... The magic system was further expanded by the Arcane Magic box set and the magic element of the Chaos box set ...
... he will be able to learn Circles of Magic there are 6 of them ... is that Swamp Camp members cannot become mages, because they are limited to 4 magic circles (out of 6) ... However, they gain access to magic earlier ...
... The Magic The Gathering World Championships (Worlds) have been held annually between 1994 and 2011 ... the most important tournament in the game of Magic The Gathering, offering cash prizes of up to $45,000 to the winners ... main event Worlds were always a huge gathering of Magic players, who come to watch the pros and compete in side events ...
Famous quotes containing the word magic:
“Has the world ever been changed by anything save the thought and its magic vehicle the Word?”
—Thomas Mann (18751955)
“Mistress, there are portents abroad of magic and might,
And things that are yet to be done. Open the door!”
—Elizabeth Jane Coatsworth (b. 1893)
“The Prospero of poisons, the Faustus of the front,
bringing mental magic to modern armament.”
—Tony Harrison (b. 1953)