Magic may refer to:
- Magic (illusion), the art of appearing to perform supernatural feats using sleight of hand, escapology, or other methods
- Magic (paranormal), the use of paranormal methods to manipulate natural forces, such as witchcraft
- Ceremonial magic, a ritual system of esoteric spiritual development using occult techniques
- Magick, a specific system of ritual magic deriving from the religious philosophy of Thelema
- Magic and religion, which may involve the intercession of deities or other spirits, such as prayer
- Magic (fantasy), fictional characters or objects with magical powers.
- Magic in fiction, the treatment of magic in fictional works
- Magic (Middle-earth), the mystical, paranormal, or supernatural activity, appear in various forms in J. R. R. Tolkien's fictional realm of Middle-earth.
- Magic (gaming), the portrayal of magic in roleplaying games
- Magic of Dungeons & Dragons, widely used in the role-playing community, across many different fictional worlds, and across books, board games, video games, and movies.
Other articles related to "magic":
... Supernatural Intelligences, Atlantis is a land ruled by magic and monsters ... Enhanced by parasites or other magic, they are then pitted against one another or bizarre, monstrous creatures ... The Splugorth are also masters of Rune Magic (such as the creation of the fabled rune weapons), an offshoot of Bio-Wizardry ...
... The Trobrianders practice many traditional magic spells ... Trobrianders believe that no one can make up a new magic spell ... Sometimes a man gives a woman magic spells because he wants to give her more than betel nuts or tobacco ...
... The Magic The Gathering World Championships (Worlds) have been held annually between 1994 and 2011 ... most important tournament in the game of Magic The Gathering, offering cash prizes of up to $45,000 to the winners ... event Worlds were always a huge gathering of Magic players, who come to watch the pros and compete in side events ...
... Hero chooses to be a Mage (or joins the Swamp Camp), he will be able to learn Circles of Magic there are 6 of them ... become mages, because they are limited to 4 magic circles (out of 6) ... However, they gain access to magic earlier ...
... A completely re-worked magic system was produced which was available as a boxed expansion set ... spells they were drawn at random and the magic phase was based on the play of these cards, making magic a bit like a game within a game ... The magic system was further expanded by the Arcane Magic box set and the magic element of the Chaos box set ...
Famous quotes containing the word magic:
“Until it is kindled by a spirit as flamingly alive as the one which gave it birth a book is dead to us. Words divested of their magic are but dead hieroglyphs.”
—Henry Miller (18911980)
“Do you come to a philosopher as to a cunning man, to learn something by magic or witchcraft, beyond what can be known by common prudence and discretion?”
—David Hume (17111776)
“To play safe, I prefer to accept only one type of power: the power of art over trash, the triumph of magic over the brute.”
—Vladimir Nabokov (18991977)