Magic may refer to:
- Magic (illusion), the art of appearing to perform supernatural feats using sleight of hand, escapology, or other methods
- Magic (paranormal), the use of paranormal methods to manipulate natural forces, such as witchcraft
- Ceremonial magic, a ritual system of esoteric spiritual development using occult techniques
- Magick, a specific system of ritual magic deriving from the religious philosophy of Thelema
- Magic and religion, which may involve the intercession of deities or other spirits, such as prayer
- Magic (fantasy), fictional characters or objects with magical powers.
- Magic in fiction, the treatment of magic in fictional works
- Magic (Middle-earth), the mystical, paranormal, or supernatural activity, appear in various forms in J. R. R. Tolkien's fictional realm of Middle-earth.
- Magic (gaming), the portrayal of magic in roleplaying games
- Magic of Dungeons & Dragons, widely used in the role-playing community, across many different fictional worlds, and across books, board games, video games, and movies.
Other articles related to "magic":
... A completely re-worked magic system was produced which was available as a boxed expansion set ... Rather than selecting spells they were drawn at random and the magic phase was based on the play of these cards, making magic a bit like a game within a game ... The magic system was further expanded by the Arcane Magic box set and the magic element of the Chaos box set ...
... Enhanced by parasites or other magic, they are then pitted against one another or bizarre, monstrous creatures ... The Splugorth are also masters of Rune Magic (such as the creation of the fabled rune weapons), an offshoot of Bio-Wizardry ...
... The Trobrianders practice many traditional magic spells ... Trobrianders believe that no one can make up a new magic spell ... Sometimes a man gives a woman magic spells because he wants to give her more than betel nuts or tobacco ...
... a Mage (or joins the Swamp Camp), he will be able to learn Circles of Magic there are 6 of them ... Swamp Camp members cannot become mages, because they are limited to 4 magic circles (out of 6) ... However, they gain access to magic earlier ...
... The Magic The Gathering World Championships (Worlds) have been held annually between 1994 and 2011 ... It was the most important tournament in the game of Magic The Gathering, offering cash prizes of up to $45,000 to the winners ... Besides the main event Worlds were always a huge gathering of Magic players, who come to watch the pros and compete in side events ...
Famous quotes containing the word magic:
“The magic of first love is our ignorance that it can ever end.”
—Benjamin Disraeli (18041881)
“The echo is, to some extent, an original sound, and therein is the magic and charm of it. It is not merely a repetition of what was worth repeating in the bell, but partly the voice of the wood; the same trivial words and notes sung by a wood-nymph.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“a flying open of doors, convergence
of magic objects into
feathered hands and crested heads, a prospect
of winter verve, a buildup to abundance.”
—Denise Levertov (b. 1923)