- Commanding Officer, Navy Recruiting District, Omaha (1979-)
- Commander of the Navy Recruiting Area Five in Great Lakes, Michigan.(1985-)
- Executive Assistant and Naval Aide to the Assistant Secretary of the Navy for Manpower and Reserve Affairs
- Vice Chief of Naval Education and Training in Pensacola, Florida.
- Commander of the Naval Training Center in Orlando, Florida. (1989-)
- Commanding Officer, Naval Base Philadelphia (1993–1994)
Admiral Wilmot retired in 1994. She was the highest ranking female Naval officer at that time.
Read more about this topic: Louise Currie Wilmot
Famous quotes containing the words career and/or navy:
“I began my editorial career with the presidency of Mr. Adams, and my principal object was to render his administration all the assistance in my power. I flattered myself with the hope of accompanying him through [his] voyage, and of partaking in a trifling degree, of the glory of the enterprise; but he suddenly tacked about, and I could follow him no longer. I therefore waited for the first opportunity to haul down my sails.”
—William Cobbett (17621835)
“The Navy is the asylum for the perverse, the home of the unfortunate. Here the sons of adversity meet the children of calamity, and here the children of calamity meet the offspring of sin.”
—Herman Melville (18191891)