- The Rt Hon Baroness Amos – first black woman to sit in the British Cabinet
- Dr Kenny Anthony – Prime Minister of St. Lucia
- The Rt Hon Hilary Armstrong(1945–), Labour MP – former cabinet minister
- Stanley Baldwin – Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, 1935–1937
- Baron Bhattacharyya – sits on the Labour bench of the House of Lords
- Bob Blizzard – Labour MP
- John Butcher – former MP
- Neville Chamberlain (1869–1940) – Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, 1937–1940 (as Mason College)
- The Hon Perry Gladstone Christie – Prime Minister of the Bahamas
- David Drew – Labour MP
- Richard Edwards – Welsh Labour Party politician
- Sven Giegold – Green Party MEP
- Karen Gillon – Member of Scottish Parliament
- Patrick Hall – former MP
- Dr Richard Hu – former Singapore Minister of Finance
- Lynne Jones – Labour MP
- Chen Liangyu – former CPC Shanghai Committee Secretary
- Howard Lovell – Minister of tourism and civil aviation of Antigua and Barbuda
- Basil McCrea, UUP member of the Northern Ireland Assembly
- Margaret Moran – former MP
- Jessica Morden – Labour MP
- Didymus Mutasa – Zimbabwean politician
- Henry Oryem Okello – Uganda's State Minister for Foreign Affairs responsible for International Affairs
- Eric Roll, Baron Roll of Ipsden – Former director of the Bank of England and Life Peer from 1977–2005
- Richard Tracey - former Conservative MP and Minister, Member of Greater London Assembly
- Andrew Turner – Conservative MP
- The Rt Hon Ann Widdecombe(1947–), MP – former Minister of State and Privy Counsellor
- Phil Willis, Baron Willis of Knaresborough (1941–), Member of Parliament for Harrogate and Knaresborough 1997–2010
- William Wilson (1913–2010), Labour politician, MP for Coventry constituencies.
- Matthias Yao – former Singapore Senior Minister of State
Other articles related to "politicians, politician":
... See also List of Irish politicians Liam Aylward (born September 1952) Jim Gibbons, Irish politician (1924–1997) Phil Hogan (born c1965) Robert Cane (1807 ...
... House of Representatives Charles Tran Van Lam Hoang Van Chi, South Vietnamese politician who publicized the Nhan Van-Giai Pham affair in the North under Ho Chi Minh ...
... Tang Fong Har See also Workers' Party (Singapore) politicians, #Labour Front (Singapore) politicians, #Labour Party (Singapore) politicians, #Singaporean Members of Parliament, #National ...
... posed the question "Who's in charge – the people or politicians?" He criticized political connections between political contributors and government contractors and wrote "When ... He wrote "The longer politicians are in office, the more likely they are to rip us off for their own benefit – rewarding the donors who funded their campaigns and the special interests who keep them in power ... He opposes career politicians generally ...
... The politicians of District Mandi Bahauddin are playing a dynamic role in the national and provincial politics ... A veteran politician, Mr ... People of the district are, at large, sceptical towards the role of local politicians, for they believe that the politicians and the state machinery did not play the role they ...
Famous quotes containing the word politicians:
“The last best hope of earth, two trillion dollars in debt, is spinning out of control, and all we can do is stare at a flickering cathode-ray tube as Ollie answers questions on TV while the press, resolutely irrelevant as ever, asks politicians if they have committed adultery. From V-J Day 1945 to this has been, my fellow countrymen, a perfect nightmare.”
—Gore Vidal (b. 1925)
“In the past, it seemed to make sense for a sportswriter on sabbatical from the playpen to attend the quadrennial hawgkilling when Presidential candidates are chosen, to observe and report upon politicians at play. After all, national conventions are games of a sort, and sports offers few spectacles richer in low comedy.”
—Walter Wellesley (Red)
“I spent my life mixin with your breed, and I dont like it. Get me. You can hide behind a lot of red tape, crooked lawyers and politicians with the gimmes, writs of habeas corpus, witnesses that dont remember overnight, but well get through to you, just like we got all the rest.”
—Ben Hecht (18931964)