Trenchard held the following ranks:
- 31 March 1891, 2nd Lieutenant, Forfar and Kincardine Artillery (Militia)
- 9 September 1893, 2nd Lieutenant, Royal Scots Fusiliers
- 12 August 1896, Lieutenant, Royal Scots Fusiliers
- 28 February 1900, Captain, Royal Scots Fusiliers
- 22 August 1902, Brevet Major
- 1 June 1908, Temporary Lieutenant Colonel
- 4 November 1910, Brevet Major
- 7 August 1914, Temporary Lieutenant Colonel
- 18 January 1915, Brevet Lieutenant Colonel
- 3 June 1915, Brevet Colonel
- 25 August 1915, Temporary Brigadier General
- 24 March 1916, Temporary Major-General
- 1 January 1917, Major-General
- 3 January 1918, Major-General, Royal Air Force
- 1 August 1919, Air Vice-Marshal, Royal Air Force
- 11 August 1919, Air Marshal, Royal Air Force
- 1 April 1922, Air Chief Marshal, Royal Air Force
- 1 January 1927, Marshal of the Royal Air Force
Read more about this topic: List Of Titles And Honours Of Hugh Trenchard, 1st Viscount Trenchard
Other articles related to "ranks, rank":
... Ranks 4th in consecutive uninterrupted games with at least one touchdown pass 28 Ranks 6th in consecutive games with at least one touchdown pass 28 Ranks 11th in NFL career passing touchdowns 261 Ranks ...
2002 Shabba Ranks Dancehall Ruff - Best of Shabba Ranks (DVD) 2001 The Return of Shabba Ranks (DVD) 1994 Darker Side of Black 1992 Shabba Ranks Naked ...
... Five-star rank is a now widely-used term derived from the United States military description for a general or admiral whose badge of rank is designated by five stars ... The rank is that of the most senior operational military commanders, and within NATO the rank is designated by the code OF-10 ... Not all armed forces have such a rank, and in those that do the actual insignia of the "five-star ranks" may not contain five stars ...
... The symbols below represent the ranks of the Japanese Japan Ground Self-Defense Force, the Japan Air Self-Defense Force, and the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force which have ... The 1938–1945 Japanese military and naval ranks were phased out after World War II ... from the Sino-centric tradition of non-branch-specified ranks, each SDF rank with respect to each service carries a distinct Japanese title, although equivalent titles in different branches are still ...
... Rank Title Icelandic title 1 National Commissioner Ríkislögreglustjóri 2 Deputy National Commissioner Vararíkislögreglustjóri Police Commissioner Lögreglustjóri Director of the Police College Skólastjór ...
Famous quotes containing the word ranks:
“Do not try to push your way through to the front ranks of your profession; do not run after distinctions and rewards; but do your utmost to find an entry into the world of beauty.”
—Konstantin Stanislavsky (18631938)
“Money is a singular thing. It ranks with love as mans greatest source of joy. And with death as his greatest source of anxiety. Over all history it has oppressed nearly all people in one of two ways: either it has been abundant and very unreliable, or reliable and very scarce.”
—John Kenneth Galbraith (b. 1908)
“By the flow of the inland river,
Whence the fleets of iron have fled,
Where the blades of the grave-grass quiver,
Asleep are the ranks of the dead:”
—Francis Miles Finch (18271907)