Notable Former Faculty and Staff
- Nick Bozanic — former English teacher, winner of Anhinga Prize for Poetry for The Long Drive Home
- Edward Lane-Reticker — former Latin and Greek teacher, directed banking and law centers at Boston University
- Tom Haine — coach, 1968 US Olympic volleyball captain
- Henry Wells Lawrence — former Computing teacher, commanded 339th Fighter Squadron in World War II, one of the first US pilots in the air during Attack on Pearl Harbor; Distinguished Flying Cross and Purple Heart
- Queenie B. Mills — former Director of Kindergarten, University of Illinois Head of Human Development Department, helped design the Head Start Program and programs for animal visits to nursing home residents
- Duncan Macdonald — coach, 1976 Olympian
- Susan Tolman Mills — former principal, founder of Mills College
- Barbara Perry — 1968 teacher, Olympian
- Sharon Peterson — coach, 1964, 1968 Olympian
- Lillian "Pokey" Watson (Richardson) — trustee, 1964 Olympic gold medalist (youngest female US gold in swimming), 1968 gold medalist
- Willard Warch — former schoolmaster, Professor of Music at Oberlin College, author of texts such as Music for Study and Beethoven's Use of Intermediate Keys, World War II Army Air Corps Band
Read more about this topic: List Of Punahou School Alumni
Other articles related to "faculty, staff":
... The following University's faculties are located in Podgorica Faculty of Economics Faculty of Law Faculty of Electrical Engineering Faculty of Metallurgy and ...
... teaching units are grouped under six faculties and two schools the Faculty of Applied Science and Textiles, Faculty of Business, Faculty of Construction and ...
... Faculty and Co-Faculty Yaneer Bar-Yam Michel Baranger Dan Braha Charles Cantor Richard Cooper Terrence Deacon Irving Epstein William Gelbart Ernest Hartmann Jerome Kagan ...
... Faculty refers to the academic staff at a university or college, or a division of a university ... Faculty may also refer to Faculty (academic staff), the academic staff of a university (North American usage) Faculty (division), a division within a university (usage ... The rights of a priest to celebrate or perform various Liturgical functions Faculty of Advocates, lawyers before the courts of Scotland Faculty of Actuaries, the professional body representing ...
... The college has a faculty-student ratio of 114 ... Ninety-one percent of the college's faculty hold a Ph.D ...
Famous quotes containing the words staff, notable and/or faculty:
“When the reviews are bad I tell my staff that they can join me as I cry all the way to the bank.”
—Wladziu Valentino Liberace (19191987)
“In one notable instance, where the United States Army and a hundred years of persuasion failed, a highway has succeeded. The Seminole Indians surrendered to the Tamiami Trail. From the Everglades the remnants of this race emerged, soon after the trail was built, to set up their palm-thatched villages along the road and to hoist tribal flags as a lure to passing motorists.”
—For the State of Florida, U.S. public relief program (1935-1943)
“Where is he who seeing a thousand men useless and unhappy, and making the whole region forlorn by their inaction, and conscious himself of possessing the faculty they want, does not hear his call to go and be their king?”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)