- Dom Matheus de Castro (c. 1594-1677) The first Indian Bishop of the Catholic Church
- Valerian Gracias, Cardinal in Bombay (Mumbai/Goa)
- Joseph Cordeiro, Cardinal in Pakistan (Karachi/Goa)
- Anthony Theodore Lobo, Bishop of Rawalpindi/Islamabad, Pakistan (Karachi/Goa)
- Ivan Dias, Cardinal Prefect, Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, Rome (Mumbai/Goa)
- Cardinal Oswald Gracias, from Carmona, Archbishop of Mumbai
- Filipe Neri António Sebastião do Rosário Ferrão, from Aldona, current Archbishop of Goa and Damao
- Anthony de Mello, Jesuit priest and author
- Evarist Pinto, from Aldona, Archbishop of Karachi, Pakistan
- Joseph Vaz, Missionary in Sri Lanka (Ceylon). Patron of Goan Archdiocese
- Moreno de Souza – Translated the Bible into Konkani language
Read more about this topic: List Of People From Goa
Other articles related to "religious leaders, religious":
... An interfaith coalition of local religious leaders organized a protest at Largo City Hall to urge the City Commission to reconsider its decision to fire Stanton ... The religious leaders involved in the protest wished to counteract the religion-based claims of other religious leaders that support Stanton's termination as city manager ...
... Qazi Hussain Ahmed called for protests in order to overthrow "the military dictator," during a speech near the outside of Lahore to 20,000 of his followers ... He is an Islamic leader of MMA, a religious alliance opposing Musharraf ...
... The number of religious believers was unknown but was estimated by the government to be 10,000 Protestants, 10,000 Buddhists, and 4,000 Catholics ... group based on a traditional religious movement, had approximately 40,000 practitioners, according to the Government ... According to Religious Intelligence UK the situation of religion in North Korea is the following Irreligion 15,460,000 (64.3% of population, the vast majority of which are adherents of ...
Famous quotes containing the words leaders and/or religious:
“No matter how vast, how total, the failure of man here on earth, the work of man will be resumed elsewhere. War leaders talk of resuming operations on this front and that, but mans front embraces the whole universe.”
—Henry Miller (18911980)
“Its almost impossible to deal with a crazy man, except that he does have religious beliefs, and the world of Islam will be damaged if a fanatic like him should commit murder in the name of religion against 60 innocent people.”
—Jimmy Carter (James Earl Carter, Jr.)