- Dom Matheus de Castro (c. 1594-1677) The first Indian Bishop of the Catholic Church
- Valerian Gracias, Cardinal in Bombay (Mumbai/Goa)
- Joseph Cordeiro, Cardinal in Pakistan (Karachi/Goa)
- Anthony Theodore Lobo, Bishop of Rawalpindi/Islamabad, Pakistan (Karachi/Goa)
- Ivan Dias, Cardinal Prefect, Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, Rome (Mumbai/Goa)
- Cardinal Oswald Gracias, from Carmona, Archbishop of Mumbai
- Filipe Neri António Sebastião do Rosário Ferrão, from Aldona, current Archbishop of Goa and Damao
- Anthony de Mello, Jesuit priest and author
- Evarist Pinto, from Aldona, Archbishop of Karachi, Pakistan
- Joseph Vaz, Missionary in Sri Lanka (Ceylon). Patron of Goan Archdiocese
- Moreno de Souza – Translated the Bible into Konkani language
Read more about this topic: List Of People From Goa
Other articles related to "religious leaders, religious":
... Qazi Hussain Ahmed called for protests in order to overthrow "the military dictator," during a speech near the outside of Lahore to 20,000 of his followers ... He is an Islamic leader of MMA, a religious alliance opposing Musharraf ...
... An interfaith coalition of local religious leaders organized a protest at Largo City Hall to urge the City Commission to reconsider its decision to fire Stanton ... The religious leaders involved in the protest wished to counteract the religion-based claims of other religious leaders that support Stanton's ...
... The number of religious believers was unknown but was estimated by the government to be 10,000 Protestants, 10,000 Buddhists, and 4,000 Catholics ... Party, a government-approved group based on a traditional religious movement, had approximately 40,000 practitioners, according to the Government ... According to Religious Intelligence UK the situation of religion in North Korea is the following Irreligion 15,460,000 (64.3% of population, the vast majority ...
Famous quotes containing the words leaders and/or religious:
“These semi-traitors [Union generals who were not hostile to slavery] must be watched.Let us be careful who become army leaders in the reorganized army at the end of this Rebellion. The man who thinks that the perpetuity of slavery is essential to the existence of the Union, is unfit to be trusted. The deadliest enemy the Union has is slaveryin fact, its only enemy.”
—Rutherford Birchard Hayes (18221893)
“American thinking, when it concerns itself with beautiful letters as when it concerns itself with religious dogma or political theory, is extraordinarily timid and superficial ... [I]t evades the genuinely serious problems of art and life as if they were stringently taboo ... [T]he outward virtues it undoubtedly shows are always the virtues, not of profundity, not of courage, not of originality, but merely those of an emasculated and often very trashy dilettantism.”
—H.L. (Henry Lewis)