Financial, Trade, and Customs OrganizationsSee also: International financial institutions, Trade bloc#Lists of trade blocs, List of free trade agreements, Central bank, Bretton Woods system, and Cartel
- Alliance for Financial Inclusion (AFI)
- African Development Bank
- Asian Development Bank
- Bank for International Settlements
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank (BSTDB)
- Caribbean Development Bank (CDB)
- Inter-American Development Bank
- International Bureau of Weights and Measures (BIPM)
- International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)
- International Development Law Organization (IDLO), headquartered in Rome (www.idlo.int)
- International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- Islamic Development Bank (IDB)
- Netherlands Development Finance Company (FMO)
- Nordic Development Fund (NDF)
- Nordic Investment Bank (NIB)
- OPEC Fund for International Development (OPEC Fund)
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Organization of Petroleum-Exporting Countries (OPEC)
- West African Development Bank (BOAD)
- World Bank Group
- International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD)
- International Development Association (IDA)
- International Finance Corporation (IFC)
- Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA)
- International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID)
- World Customs Organization (WCO)
- World Trade Organization (WTO)
Read more about this topic: List Of Intergovernmental Organizations
Other articles related to "customs, organizations":
... The US direct investment in NAFTA countries is in nonbank holding companies, and in the manufacturing, finance/insurance, and mining sectors ... The foreign direct investment, of Canada and Mexico in the United States (stock) was $237.2 billion in 2009 (the latest data available), up 16.5% from 2008. ...
... The domestication of the camel allowed the development of a trans-Saharan trade with cultures across the Sahara, including Carthage and the Berbers major exports included gold, cotton cloth, metal ornaments and leather goods, which were then exchanged for salt, horses, textiles, and other such materials ... Local leather, cloth, and gold also contributed to the abundancy of prosperity for many of the following empires ...
... reforms in four areas port efficiency, customs administration, information technology, and regulatory environment (including standards) ...
... Non-governmental organizations also play a role in promoting fair trade standards by serving as independent monitors of compliance with fair trade labeling requirements ...
... In a later address before Congress, the president declared, "As a symbol of America's resolve, my administration will work with Congress, and these two leaders, to show the world that we will rebuild New York City." The immediate response from World Trade Center leaseholder Larry Silverstein was that "it would be the tragedy of tragedies not to rebuild this part of New York ... It would give the terrorists the victory they seek." However, ten years after the attacks, only one building, 7 World Trade Center, has been rebuilt ...
Famous quotes containing the word customs:
“Neighboring farmers and visitors at White Sulphur drove out occasionally to watch those funny Scotchmen with amused superiority; when one member imported clubs from Scotland, they were held for three weeks by customs officials who could not believe that any game could be played with such elongated blackjacks or implements of murder.”
—For the State of West Virginia, U.S. public relief program (1935-1943)