- Ong Teng Cheong, fifth President of Singapore
- Members of Parliament (MPs):
- Baey Yam Keng, MP for Tampines GRC
- Grace Fu, Senior Minister of State in the Ministry of National Development and Ministry of Education, and MP for Yuhua SMC
- Lee Yi Shyan, Minister of State in the Ministry of Trade and Industry and Ministry of National Development, and MP for East Coast GRC
- Lim Wee Kiak, MP for Nee Soon GRC
- Sim Ann, Senior Parliamentary Secretary in the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Law, and MP for Holland-Bukit Timah GRC
- Sam Tan Chin Siong, Senior Parliamentary Secretary in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports, Mayor of Central Singapore District, and MP for Radin Mas SMC
- Tin Pei Ling, MP for Marine Parade GRC
- Former Members of Parliament (MPs)
- Jek Yeun Thong, former Cabinet minister, High Commissioner to the United Kingdom and to Denmark
- Ker Sin Tze, former Minister of State for Education and Information and the Arts
- Former People's Action Party (PAP) members:
- Fong Swee Suan, leftist politician of the PAP and Barisan Sosialis, trade union leader in the 1950s and 1960s
- Lim Chin Siong, leftist politician of the PAP and Barisan Sosialis, trade union leader in the 1950s and 1960s
- Cheng Tong Fatt, former Ambassador to China and Japan, Permanent Secretary for National Development, Culture
- Tan Chin Nam, former Permanent Secretary of Ministry of Communication, Information and the Arts
- James Tan Chan Seng, former Commissioner of Singapore Civil Defence Force
- Yam Ah Mee, Chief Executive Director of the People's Association, former Chief of the Land Transport Authority and Singapore General Election Returning Officer
Other articles related to "politics":
... analyst and researcher with a focus on contemporary Indian politics and the politics of wildlife conservation in India R ... parties and movements, founder of the Institute for Comparative Politics ... Richard Rose - American political scientist, Professor of Politics at the University of Aberdeen Richard Rosecrance - International relations and political economy expert ...
... After the Draper incident, Sullivan began to work closely with Theodore Kirkpatrick of the anti-communist Counterattack newsletter ... Sullivan would check with Kirkpatrick if a potential guest had some "explaining to do" about his politics ...
... Guy Laforest - Liberalism (John Locke) scholar and Quebec and Canadian politics specialist Harold Lasswell - Political communications, pioneered early efforts to establish the ... Richard Ned Lebow - Noted constructivist, Cold War expert, author of Tragic Vision of Politics ... Theodore Lowi - Major scholar of American politics at Cornell University Ian Lustick - State territoriality ethnic conflict and computer modelling in political science ...
... Forms of corruption vary, but include bribery, extortion, cronyism, nepotism, patronage, graft, and embezzlement ... While corruption may facilitate criminal enterprise such as drug trafficking, money laundering, and trafficking, it is not restricted to these activities ...
... the social science subdiscipline of genetics and politics ... - specialist in ethnic conflict and Irish politics Benjamin Cohen - leader in the field of International Political Economy Stephen P ... Cook - politics and media Satyabrata Rai Chowdhuri - International Relations, Indology at Institute of Commonwealth Studies Philip Converse - Public ...
Famous quotes containing the word politics:
“Of course politics is an interesting and engrossing thing. It offers no immutable laws, nearly always prevaricates, but as far as blather and sharpening the mind go, it provides inexhaustible material.”
—Anton Pavlovich Chekhov (18601904)
“In politics people give you what they think you deserve and deny you what they think you want.”
—Cecil Parkinson (b. 1932)
“The newspaper reader says: this party is destroying itself through such mistakes. My higher politics says: a party that makes such mistakes is finishedit has lost its instinctive sureness.”
—Friedrich Nietzsche (18441900)