- Ong Teng Cheong, fifth President of Singapore
- Members of Parliament (MPs):
- Baey Yam Keng, MP for Tampines GRC
- Grace Fu, Senior Minister of State in the Ministry of National Development and Ministry of Education, and MP for Yuhua SMC
- Lee Yi Shyan, Minister of State in the Ministry of Trade and Industry and Ministry of National Development, and MP for East Coast GRC
- Lim Wee Kiak, MP for Nee Soon GRC
- Sim Ann, Senior Parliamentary Secretary in the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Law, and MP for Holland-Bukit Timah GRC
- Sam Tan Chin Siong, Senior Parliamentary Secretary in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports, Mayor of Central Singapore District, and MP for Radin Mas SMC
- Tin Pei Ling, MP for Marine Parade GRC
- Former Members of Parliament (MPs)
- Jek Yeun Thong, former Cabinet minister, High Commissioner to the United Kingdom and to Denmark
- Ker Sin Tze, former Minister of State for Education and Information and the Arts
- Former People's Action Party (PAP) members:
- Fong Swee Suan, leftist politician of the PAP and Barisan Sosialis, trade union leader in the 1950s and 1960s
- Lim Chin Siong, leftist politician of the PAP and Barisan Sosialis, trade union leader in the 1950s and 1960s
- Cheng Tong Fatt, former Ambassador to China and Japan, Permanent Secretary for National Development, Culture
- Tan Chin Nam, former Permanent Secretary of Ministry of Communication, Information and the Arts
- James Tan Chan Seng, former Commissioner of Singapore Civil Defence Force
- Yam Ah Mee, Chief Executive Director of the People's Association, former Chief of the Land Transport Authority and Singapore General Election Returning Officer
Other articles related to "politics":
... analyst and researcher with a focus on contemporary Indian politics and the politics of wildlife conservation in India R ... founder of the Institute for Comparative Politics ... Richard Rose - American political scientist, Professor of Politics at the University of Aberdeen Richard Rosecrance - International relations and political ...
... Forms of corruption vary, but include bribery, extortion, cronyism, nepotism, patronage, graft, and embezzlement ... While corruption may facilitate criminal enterprise such as drug trafficking, money laundering, and trafficking, it is not restricted to these activities ...
... Laforest - Liberalism (John Locke) scholar and Quebec and Canadian politics specialist Harold Lasswell - Political communications, pioneered early efforts to establish the policy sciences and influential contributor to ... Cold War expert, author of Tragic Vision of Politics ... and Borda Count Theodore Lowi - Major scholar of American politics at Cornell University Ian Lustick - State territoriality ethnic conflict and computer modelling in political science University of ...
... Ira Carmen - Co-founder of the social science subdiscipline of genetics and politics ... social scientist John Coakley - specialist in ethnic conflict and Irish politics Benjamin Cohen - leader in the field of International Political Economy ... Cook - politics and media Satyabrata Rai Chowdhuri - International Relations, Indology at Institute of Commonwealth Studies Philip Converse - Public opinion scholar, author of The Nature of ...
... After the Draper incident, Sullivan began to work closely with Theodore Kirkpatrick of the anti-communist Counterattack newsletter ... Sullivan would check with Kirkpatrick if a potential guest had some "explaining to do" about his politics ...
Famous quotes containing the word politics:
“From the beginning, the placement of [Clarence] Thomas on the high court was seen as a political end justifying almost any means. The full story of his confirmation raises questions not only about who lied and why, but, more important, about what happens when politics becomes total war and the truthand those who tell itare merely unfortunate sacrifices on the way to winning.”
—Jane Mayer, U.S. journalist, and Jill Abramson b. 1954, U.S. journalist. Strange Justice, p. 8, Houghton Mifflin (1994)
“If politics is the art of the possible, research is surely the art of the soluble. Both are immensely practical-minded affairs.”
—Peter B. Medawar (19151987)
“In politics if you want anything said, ask a man. If you want anything done, ask a woman.”
—Margaret Thatcher (b. 1925)