This is a list of Dutch Hip hop musicians.
- Ali B - Born in Morocco, Ali B has been described as "perhaps the most popular rapper in the Netherlands".
- Brainpower - Brainpower is an MC that has gained respect for his clever rhymes and his freestyle (battle) skills. After some collaborations with Extince and de Spookrijders, Brainpower released his hit single Dansplaat in 2002, which topped the charts. In that same period, Brainpower featured on Nas' 'One Mic'.
- D-Men - a commercially successful hiphop group from Diemen, known for their American type of beats and their catchy deliveries. D-Men received some media attention after releasing their mixtapes Straatremixes.
- Extince is one of the first Dutch language rappers to appear in the Dutch music charts.
- Kempi - an Antillean rapper.
- Lange Frans & Baas B are the core of the group D-Men
- Negativ from Amsterdam. Known for his many battle raps.
- Opgezwolle - the number 1 Nederhop group in The Netherlands, from Zwolle. Their trademark: a wide range of funky, electronic type of beats combined with high skilled flows and deliveries performed by MC's Sticky Steez and Phreako Rico.
- Osdorp Posse - achieved commercial success and exerted great influence on the Dutch hip hop scene.
- Postmen - from Rotterdam, this successful (live) band mostly sing in English and combines various music styles such as reggae and hiphop.
Famous quotes containing the words list of, musicians, hop, list, dutch and/or hip:
“Feminism is an entire world view or gestalt, not just a laundry list of womens issues.”
—Charlotte Bunch (b. 1944)
“We stand in the tumult of a festival.
What festival? This loud, disordered mooch?
These hospitaliers? These brute-like guests?
These musicians dubbing at a tragedy,
A-dub, a-dub, which is made up of this:
That there are no lines to speak? There is no play.”
—Wallace Stevens (18791955)
“I have tried being surreal, but my frogs hop right back into their realistic ponds.”
—Mason Cooley (b. 1927)
“The advice of their elders to young men is very apt to be as unreal as a list of the hundred best books.”
—Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. (18411935)
“Paradise endangered: garden snakes and mice are appearing in the shadowy corners of Dutch Old Master paintings.”
—Mason Cooley (b. 1927)
“Rituals are important. Nowadays its hip not to be married. Im not interested in being hip.”
—John Lennon (19401980)