This is a list of Dutch Hip hop musicians.
- Ali B - Born in Morocco, Ali B has been described as "perhaps the most popular rapper in the Netherlands".
- Brainpower - Brainpower is an MC that has gained respect for his clever rhymes and his freestyle (battle) skills. After some collaborations with Extince and de Spookrijders, Brainpower released his hit single Dansplaat in 2002, which topped the charts. In that same period, Brainpower featured on Nas' 'One Mic'.
- D-Men - a commercially successful hiphop group from Diemen, known for their American type of beats and their catchy deliveries. D-Men received some media attention after releasing their mixtapes Straatremixes.
- Extince is one of the first Dutch language rappers to appear in the Dutch music charts.
- Kempi - an Antillean rapper.
- Lange Frans & Baas B are the core of the group D-Men
- Negativ from Amsterdam. Known for his many battle raps.
- Opgezwolle - the number 1 Nederhop group in The Netherlands, from Zwolle. Their trademark: a wide range of funky, electronic type of beats combined with high skilled flows and deliveries performed by MC's Sticky Steez and Phreako Rico.
- Osdorp Posse - achieved commercial success and exerted great influence on the Dutch hip hop scene.
- Postmen - from Rotterdam, this successful (live) band mostly sing in English and combines various music styles such as reggae and hiphop.
Famous quotes containing the words list of, musicians, hop, list, dutch and/or hip:
“Religious literature has eminent examples, and if we run over our private list of poets, critics, philanthropists and philosophers, we shall find them infected with this dropsy and elephantiasis, which we ought to have tapped.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“How are we to know that a Dracula is a key-pounding pianist who lifts his hands up to his face, or that a bass fiddle is the doghouse, or that shmaltz musicians are four-button suit guys and long underwear boys?”
—In New York City, U.S. public relief program (1935-1943)
“I have tried being surreal, but my frogs hop right back into their realistic ponds.”
—Mason Cooley (b. 1927)
“Thirtythe promise of a decade of loneliness, a thinning list of single men to know, a thinning brief-case of enthusiasm, thinning hair.”
—F. Scott Fitzgerald (18961940)
“The French courage proceeds from vanitythe German from phlegmthe Turkish from fanaticism & opiumthe Spanish from pridethe English from coolnessthe Dutch from obstinacythe Russian from insensibilitybut the Italian from anger.”
—George Gordon Noel Byron (17881824)
“Hes a man who shoots from the hip. And a man whos hip when he shoots.”
—Jeremy Larner, U.S. screenwriter. Banquet master of ceremonies (Pat Harrington, Jr.)