This is a list of Dutch Hip hop musicians.
- Ali B - Born in Morocco, Ali B has been described as "perhaps the most popular rapper in the Netherlands".
- Brainpower - Brainpower is an MC that has gained respect for his clever rhymes and his freestyle (battle) skills. After some collaborations with Extince and de Spookrijders, Brainpower released his hit single Dansplaat in 2002, which topped the charts. In that same period, Brainpower featured on Nas' 'One Mic'.
- D-Men - a commercially successful hiphop group from Diemen, known for their American type of beats and their catchy deliveries. D-Men received some media attention after releasing their mixtapes Straatremixes.
- Extince is one of the first Dutch language rappers to appear in the Dutch music charts.
- Kempi - an Antillean rapper.
- Lange Frans & Baas B are the core of the group D-Men
- Negativ from Amsterdam. Known for his many battle raps.
- Opgezwolle - the number 1 Nederhop group in The Netherlands, from Zwolle. Their trademark: a wide range of funky, electronic type of beats combined with high skilled flows and deliveries performed by MC's Sticky Steez and Phreako Rico.
- Osdorp Posse - achieved commercial success and exerted great influence on the Dutch hip hop scene.
- Postmen - from Rotterdam, this successful (live) band mostly sing in English and combines various music styles such as reggae and hiphop.
Famous quotes containing the words list of, musicians, hop, list, dutch and/or hip:
“The advice of their elders to young men is very apt to be as unreal as a list of the hundred best books.”
—Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. (18411935)
“As if the musicians did not so much play the little phrase as execute the rites required by it to appear, and they proceeded to the necessary incantations to obtain and prolong for a few instants the miracle of its evocation, Swann, who could no more see the phrase than if it belonged to an ultraviolet world ... Swann felt it as a presence, as a protective goddess and a confidante to his love, who to arrive to him ... had clothed the disguise of this sonorous appearance.”
—Marcel Proust (18711922)
“I have tried being surreal, but my frogs hop right back into their realistic ponds.”
—Mason Cooley (b. 1927)
“Modern tourist guides have helped raised tourist expectations. And they have provided the nativesfrom Kaiser Wilhelm down to the villagers of Chichacestenangowith a detailed and itemized list of what is expected of them and when. These are the up-to- date scripts for actors on the tourists stage.”
—Daniel J. Boorstin (b. 1914)
“The French courage proceeds from vanitythe German from phlegmthe Turkish from fanaticism & opiumthe Spanish from pridethe English from coolnessthe Dutch from obstinacythe Russian from insensibilitybut the Italian from anger.”
—George Gordon Noel Byron (17881824)
“Rituals are important. Nowadays its hip not to be married. Im not interested in being hip.”
—John Lennon (19401980)