- Savannah White Sox (1962), became Lynchburg White Sox (1963–1965), Evansville White Sox (1966–1968), Columbus White Sox (1969), Columbus Astros (1970–1988), Columbus Mudcats (1989–1990), the Carolina Mudcats (1991–2011)
- Columbus Confederate Yankees (1964–1966)
- Macon Peaches
- Savannah Braves
- Savannah Indians
- Savannah Senators
Other articles related to "southern league, leagues, league":
Southern League may mean:
- Southern League (baseball), a United States minor league baseball league
- Southern Association, a United States minor league baseball league, was known as the Southern League from 1901–1919
- Southern Football League, a semi-professional football league in England currently known as the Evo-stik League South
- Southern League (ice hockey), a former top-flight ice hockey league in southern England
- Southern League (speedway), one of two British speedway leagues from 1929 to 1931
- Southern Leagues, the various tournaments for association football, cricket, field hockey, on the South Island of New Zealand
- League of the South, a United States Southern nationalist organization, formerly known as the Southern League
- Southern League Ausonia, an Italian political party based in Campania
... He joined Southern League Southampton in September 1910 after one match for the reserves, he made his first-team debut on 22 October, taking over the centre-forward's ... the season, scoring ten goals as the Saints finished in sixth place, their best Southern League finish for five years ... to turn out for Southampton in wartime leagues and friendlies ...
... The Nashville Sounds minor league baseball franchise has employed 23 managers and 9 general managers since its inception in Nashville, Tennessee, in ... Three managers have guided the team to win their league's championship ... George Scherger led the team to win the Southern League title in the 1979 season as the Double-A affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds ...
... The Southern League Cup was a regional Scottish football competition held during the Second World War, due to the suspension of national competitions. 1946, the competition all teams from the Southern League and was played as four groups of four with the group winners forming the semi-finals ... As the war ended, regular league football returned in 1946, with the regional leagues and cups disbanded ...
1938 and 1950, when the club played in the Southern League and Kent League rather than the Football League, have appearances in those competitions included in their totals ... Name Years Leaguea FA Cup League Cupb Other Total 1 Hillyard, RonRon Hillyard 1974–1991 563 (0) 34 (0) 44 (0) 14 (0) 655 (0) 2 Simpson, JohnJohn Simpson 1957–1972 ... Includes Football League, Southern League and Kent League b ...
Famous quotes containing the words league and/or southern:
“Half a league, half a league,
Half a league onward,
All in the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.
Forward the Light Brigade!”
—Alfred Tennyson (18091892)
“Southern trees bear a strange fruit
Blood on the leaf and blood at the root
Black bodies swingin in the southern breeze
Strange fruit hangin in the poplar trees.”
—Billie Holiday [Eleanor Fagan] (19151959)