This is a list of famous people who have died from anorexia nervosa.
- Susan Peters - 23 October 1952, actress
- Karen Carpenter (American singer, The Carpenters) - died aged 32 from complications caused by anorexia.
- Christy Henrich (American gymnast) - died in July 1994, aged 22, from complications caused by anorexia.
- Lena Zavaroni - 1999 (35), vocalist
- Luisel Ramos - 2 August 2006, fashion model (22)
- Ana Carolina Reston (Brazilian model) - died 14 November 2006, aged 21, from complications caused by anorexia.
- Eliana Ramos - 13 February 2007, fashion model (18)
- Hila Elmalich - 14 November 2007, fashion model (33)
- Isabelle Caro - 17 November 2010, fashion model, anorexia activist and actress (28)
- Heidi Guenther (American ballerina) - died aged 22, from complications caused by anorexia.
- Michael Krasnow (American author) died October 1997, aged 28, author of My Life as a Male Anorexic.
- Renée Vivien - 18 November 1909, poet (32)
- This list is incomplete; you can help by expanding it.
Famous quotes containing the words list of, deaths and/or list:
“Thirtythe promise of a decade of loneliness, a thinning list of single men to know, a thinning brief-case of enthusiasm, thinning hair.”
—F. Scott Fitzgerald (18961940)
“As deaths have accumulated I have begun to think of life and death as a set of balance scales. When one is young, the scale is heavily tipped toward the living. With the first death, the first consciousness of death, the counter scale begins to fall. Death by death, the scales shift weight until what was unthinkable becomes merely a matter of gravity and the fall into death becomes an easy step.”
—Alison Hawthorne Deming (b. 1946)
“Lastly, his tomb
Shall list and founder in the troughs of grass
And none shall speak his name.”
—Karl Shapiro (b. 1913)