This is a list of famous people who have died from anorexia nervosa.
- Susan Peters - 23 October 1952, actress
- Karen Carpenter (American singer, The Carpenters) - died aged 32 from complications caused by anorexia.
- Christy Henrich (American gymnast) - died in July 1994, aged 22, from complications caused by anorexia.
- Lena Zavaroni - 1999 (35), vocalist
- Luisel Ramos - 2 August 2006, fashion model (22)
- Ana Carolina Reston (Brazilian model) - died 14 November 2006, aged 21, from complications caused by anorexia.
- Eliana Ramos - 13 February 2007, fashion model (18)
- Hila Elmalich - 14 November 2007, fashion model (33)
- Isabelle Caro - 17 November 2010, fashion model, anorexia activist and actress (28)
- Heidi Guenther (American ballerina) - died aged 22, from complications caused by anorexia.
- Michael Krasnow (American author) died October 1997, aged 28, author of My Life as a Male Anorexic.
- Renée Vivien - 18 November 1909, poet (32)
- This list is incomplete; you can help by expanding it.
Famous quotes containing the words list of, deaths and/or list:
“Modern tourist guides have helped raised tourist expectations. And they have provided the nativesfrom Kaiser Wilhelm down to the villagers of Chichacestenangowith a detailed and itemized list of what is expected of them and when. These are the up-to- date scripts for actors on the tourists stage.”
—Daniel J. Boorstin (b. 1914)
“This is the 184th Demonstration.
What we do is not beautiful
hurts no one makes no one desperate
we do not break the panes of safety glass
stretching between people on the street
and the deaths they hire.”
—Marge Piercy (b. 1936)
“Feminism is an entire world view or gestalt, not just a laundry list of womens issues.”
—Charlotte Bunch (b. 1944)