List Of Acronyms And Initialisms: G
For the purposes of this list:
- acronym = an abbreviation pronounced as a series of constituent letters, e.g., SARS = severe acute respiratory syndrome
- initialism = an abbreviation pronounced wholly or partly using the names of its constituent letters, e.g., CD = compact disc
- pseudo-blend = an abbreviation whose extra or omitted letters means that it cannot stand as a true acronym, initialism, or portmanteau (a word formed by combining two or more words).
- (a) = acronym in the example: SARS – (a) Severe acute respiratory syndrome
- (i) = initialism in the example: CD – (i) Compact disc
- (p) = pseudo-blend in the example: UNIFEM – (p) United Nations Development Fund for Women
- (s) = symbol (none of the above, representing and pronounced as something else; for example: MHz – Megahertz)
(Main list of acronyms and initialisms)
Other articles related to "list of acronyms and":
List Of Acronyms And Initialisms: G - GZ
... Greisen-Zatsepin-Kuzmin cut-off (cosmic ray energies) List of acronyms and initialisms A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z ...
Famous quotes containing the words list of and/or list: