List Of Acronyms And Initialisms: G
For the purposes of this list:
- acronym = an abbreviation pronounced as a series of constituent letters, e.g., SARS = severe acute respiratory syndrome
- initialism = an abbreviation pronounced wholly or partly using the names of its constituent letters, e.g., CD = compact disc
- pseudo-blend = an abbreviation whose extra or omitted letters means that it cannot stand as a true acronym, initialism, or portmanteau (a word formed by combining two or more words).
- (a) = acronym in the example: SARS – (a) Severe acute respiratory syndrome
- (i) = initialism in the example: CD – (i) Compact disc
- (p) = pseudo-blend in the example: UNIFEM – (p) United Nations Development Fund for Women
- (s) = symbol (none of the above, representing and pronounced as something else; for example: MHz – Megahertz)
(Main list of acronyms and initialisms)
Other articles related to "list of acronyms and":
List Of Acronyms And Initialisms: G - GZ
... Ground Zero GZK – (i) Greisen-Zatsepin-Kuzmin cut-off (cosmic ray energies) List of acronyms and initialisms A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z ...
Famous quotes containing the words list of and/or list:
“Do your children view themselves as successes or failures? Are they being encouraged to be inquisitive or passive? Are they afraid to challenge authority and to question assumptions? Do they feel comfortable adapting to change? Are they easily discouraged if they cannot arrive at a solution to a problem? The answers to those questions will give you a better appraisal of their education than any list of courses, grades, or test scores.”
“Hey, you dress up our town very nicely. You dont look out the Chamber of Commerce is going to list you in their publicity with the local attractions.”