Limited may refer to:
- Limited company, a company in which the liability of its members is limited to what they have invested in the company
- Limited liability company, a limited company that blends elements of partnership and corporate structures - primarily in the United States
- Private company limited by shares, a limited company whose shares are not public - primarily in Commonwealth countries
- Private company limited by guarantee, primarily for non-profit organisations - in Britain and Ireland
- Public limited company, a limited company whose shares are sold to the public - primarily in Commonwealth countries
- Limited partnership, a partially limited company where liability is limited for limited partners, but not general partners
- Limited liability partnership, generally a limited company where liability is limited for all partners
- Limited liability limited partnership, a limited company where liability is limited for all partners - United States
- Limited Brands, an American company - owners of Victoria's Secret, Bath & Body Works and others
- The Limited, an American apparel company
- Buick Limited, a car produced between 1936 and 1942 and during 1958
- Limited express, a type of train service
- Limited Inc, a 1988 book by Jacques Derrida
Other articles related to "limited":
3801 Limited is a not for profit company limited by guarantee formed in June 1985 to operate steam locomotive 3801 and its associated rolling stock ...
... Malts members 18 years, unavailable in some areas 20 years, limited run of 9,000 bottles 25 years, limited run of 21,000 bottles 30 years, limited run of 2,958 bottles Distiller's ...
... Octopus Cards Limited (Chinese 八達通卡有限公司) is the operator of the Octopus rechargeable contactless smart card used in an electronic payment system in Hong Kong ... Octopus Cards Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Octopus Holdings Limited ... companies in Hong Kong, Octopus Cards Limited is the operator of the Octopus System and the issuer of Octopus ...
... The major industries include DCM Sriram Consolidated Limited (DSCL), Instrumentaion Limited, Multimetals Limited, Samtel Glass Limited, Birla Cement, CFCL Chambal ...
... Initially run as a division of Freightliner Limited, in 2001 operations were transferred to a new subsidiary, Freightliner Heavy Haul Limited ... In April 2006 Freightliner Maintenance Limited was established as a separate entity dedicated to the repair and maintenance of traction and rolling stock ...
Famous quotes containing the word limited:
“There was a time when the average reader read a novel simply for the moral he could get out of it, and however naïve that may have been, it was a good deal less naïve than some of the limited objectives he has now. Today novels are considered to be entirely concerned with the social or economic or psychological forces that they will by necessity exhibit, or with those details of daily life that are for the good novelist only means to some deeper end.”
—Flannery OConnor (19251964)
“We are all aware that speech, like chemistry, has a structure. There is a limited set of elementsvowels and consonantsand these are combined to produce words which, in turn, compound into sentences.”
—Roger Brown (b. 1925)
“Misfortunes leave wounds which bleed drop by drop even in sleep; thus little by little they train man by force and dispose him to wisdom in spite of himself. Man must learn to think of himself as a limited and dependent being; and only suffering teaches him this.”
—Simone Weil (19091943)