- Gottfried Benn - Requiem
- Gottfried August Bürger - Schwanenlied
- Annette von Droste-Hülshoff - Letzte Worte
- Joseph Freiherr von Eichendorff - Mondnacht
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe - Gesang der Geister über den Wassern
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe - Grenzen der Menschheit
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe - Selige Sehnsucht
- Andreas Gryphius - Menschliches Elende
- Albrecht Haushofer - Mutter
- Christian Friedrich Hebbel - Requiem
- Heinrich Heine - Altes Lied
- Heinrich Heine - Die schlesischen Weber
- Hermann Hesse - An einem Grabe
- Hermann Hesse - Im Nebel
- Hermann Hesse - Traurigkeit
- Hermann Hesse - Verführer
- Georg Heym - Ophelia
- Georg Heym - Und die Hörner des Sommers verstummten
- Else Lasker-Schüler - Nur dich
- Else Lasker-Schüler - Senna Hoy
- Else Lasker-Schüler - Weltende
- Friedrich Nietzsche - Ecce Homo
- Friedrich Schiller - Sehnsucht
- Georg Trakl - Klage
- Georg Trakl - Allerseelen
- Franz Werfel - Dort und hier
- Yvan Goll - Feuerharfe
- Traditional - Schnitterlied
Read more about this topic: Leichenwetter
Other articles related to "poems, poem":
18 uses nine prose poems "Fanfare", "Villes", "Phrase", "Antique", "Royauté", "Marine", "Interlude", "Being Beauteous", "Parade", and "Départ" ... Three of these works are based on prose poems from Illuminations ... La Face Cendreé is a work for soprano, cello, and piano it takes the prose poems "Aube" and "Being Beauteous" as subject ...
... Hartmann produced four narrative poems which are of importance for the evolution of the Middle High German court epic ... His other two narrative poems are Gregorius, also an adaptation of a French epic, and Der arme Heinrich, which tells the story of a leper cured by a young ... made into modern German of all Hartmann's poems, while Der arme Heinrich has repeatedly attracted the attention of modern poets, both English (Longfellow, Rossetti) and German (notably, Gerhart Hauptmann) ...
... Auckland Oxford University Press 1983 Translator, The Virgin and the Nightingale Medieval Latin poems, Newcastle upon Tyne Bloodaxe Books, ISBN 978-0-906427-55-2 1987 Editor, Faber Book ... Press 1992 Translator, Letters from Darkness Poems, Daniela Crasnaru, Oxford Oxford University Press 1994 Translator and editor, Hugh Primas and the Archpoet, Cambridge, England, and New York ...
... declining health and his dissatisfaction with early drafts of the poem ... Eliot was unable to finish the poem until September 1942 ... Like the three previous poems of the Four Quartets, the central theme is time and humanity's place within it ...
... Jonker's next collection of poems Rook en oker ("Smoke and Ochre") was published in 1963 after delays caused by the conservative approach of her publishers ... Jonker had started writing a new collection of poems just before her death ... A selection of these poems was published posthumously in the collection Kantelson ("Toppling Sun") ...
Famous quotes containing the word poems:
“Our poems will have failed if our readers are not brought by them beyond the poems.”
—Muriel Rukeyser (19131980)
“I try to make a rough music, a dance of the mind, a calculus of the emotions, a driving beat of praise out of the pain and mystery that surround me and become me. My poems are meant to make your mind get up and shout.”
—Judith Johnson Sherwin (b. 1936)