Launch may refer to:
- Launch (boat), a large motor boat
- Motor Launch (ML), a small military vessel used by the Royal Navy
- Ship naming and launching, when a ship or boat is dispatched from a slipway, prior to fitting out and commissioning
In other uses:
- Launch (Dragon Ball), a character in Dragon Ball media
- Rocket launch, first phase of a rocket flight
- Air launch, the practice of dropping an aircraft, rocket, or missile from a mothership
- LAUNCH Media, creators of LAUNCH magazine and LAUNCH.com
- LAUNCHcast, an Internet radio service offered by Yahoo! Music
- Sea Launch, ocean-based space launch company
Other articles related to "launch":
... Location 156° east Launch Date 21 August 2009 Equipment 32 Ku band transponders (consisting of twenty four 125 watt primary and eight 44 watt backup transponders ...
... chemicals required numerous safety measures at the Launch Complex ... Before tanking operations began and during launch, non-essential personnel were excluded from the danger area ... The Launch Control Center and Vehicle Assembly Building (VAB) were almost exactly three miles (5 km) away ...
... theory that Institute 22 was involved in a cover-up of a near-nuclear launch ... Bases was brought online, and for no apparent reason a nuclear missile was ready to launch ... After 30 seconds of panic and chaos, the launch was aborted as mysteriously as it had appeared ...
... Launch Complex 39 (LC-39) is a rocket launch site at the John F ... Launches from LC-39 are supervised from the Launch Control Center, located 3 miles (4.8 km) from the launch pads ... LC-39 is one of several launch sites that share the Eastern Test Range ...
... NASA deactivated LC-39B on January 1, 2007, thus making the nighttime launch of STS-116, which occurred on December 9, 2006, its last shuttle mission ... Between the STS-116 launch and the STS-125 mission, when Endeavour was placed on LC-39B in the event NASA needed to launch the STS-400 rescue mission, contractors installed three new 600 ft.-tall ... to selected facility systems at Launch Complex (LC) 39B for Space Launch System (SLS) processing and launch operations are finishing the first phase of a five-phase project ...
Famous quotes containing the word launch:
“Now launch the small ship, now as the body dies
and life departs, launch out, the fragile soul
in the fragile ship of courage, the ark of faith
with its store of food and little cooking pans
and change of clothes,”
—D.H. (David Herbert)
“I had often stood on the banks of the Concord, watching the lapse of the current, an emblem of all progress, following the same law with the system, with time, and all that is made ... and at last I resolved to launch myself on its bosom and float whither it would bear me.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)