In Popular Culture
- In 1980, the film The Shining was released, directed by Stanley Kubrick and starring Jack Nicholson. The film depicted a large labyrinth at The Overlook Hotel, in the form of a hedge maze. There was also a scale model of this hedge maze in the lobby of the hotel.
- In 1986, the film Labyrinth was released, directed by Jim Henson, and starring David Bowie and Jennifer Connelly.
- In 2006, the film Pan's Labyrinth was released, directed by Guillermo del Toro.
- Daedalus's Labyrinth served as a central plot element in Rick Riordan's 2008 novel, The Battle of the Labyrinth.
- In George Lucas`s film Electronic_Labyrinth:_THX_1138_4EB, THX is escaping an electronic labyrinth
Read more about this topic: Labyrinth
Other articles related to "popular, popular culture":
... It was the 10th most popular name for girls born in the United States in 2007 and the 88th most popular name for females in the 1990 census there ... It was the 89th most popular name for girls born in England and Wales in 2007 the 94th most popular name for girls born in Scotland in 2007 the 13th most popular name for girls born in Spain in 2006 ...
... Early twentieth-century popular scientific literature began to pique a broader interest in entomology ... The very popular ten-volume book series, Alfred Brehem’s Thierleben (Life of Animals, 1876–1879) expounded on many zoological topics, including ... work that the studies of forensic science and entomology became an established part of Western popular culture, which in turn inspired other scientists to continue and ...
... Many of the islands have been popular seaside resorts since the 19th century ... walking on the sandy flats at low tide, has become popular in the Wadden Sea ... It is also a popular region for pleasure boating ...
30 years) the drawings were published in many of the more popular magazines and newspapers such as O António Maria, A Paródia, O Commércio do Porto Illustrado and Pontos nos ... Zé Povinho became, and still is, a popular character in Portugal ... all, his utter contempt and disrespect for the powerful ones that try to dominate him, made him popular ...
... Comic strips became extremely popular in Belgium during the 1930s ... One of the most popular comics of the 20th century, Hergé's The Adventures of Tintin first appeared in 1929 ... growth of comic strips was also accompanied by a popular art movement, exemplified by Edgar P ...
Famous quotes containing the words culture and/or popular:
“Ours is a culture based on excess, on overproduction; the result is a steady loss of sharpness in our sensory experience. All the conditions of modern lifeits material plenitude, its sheer crowdednessconjoin to dull our sensory faculties.”
—Susan Sontag (b. 1933)
“The best of us would rather be popular than right.”
—Mark Twain [Samuel Langhorne Clemens] (18351910)