- Kong (surname) (孔), a Chinese and Korean surname
- Kǒng (孔), a common Chinese surname and the clan name of Confucius
- Major T.J. Kong, a fictional character in the 1964 film Dr. Strangelove
- Kong is also a nickname or stage name for:
- Dave Kingman (born 1948), baseball player of the 1970s
- Robbie Green (born 1974), English darts player
- Shawn Crahan (born 1969), American musician
- Kia Stevens (born 1977), female professional wrestler who went by the ring names of "Amazing Kong" and "Awesome Kong"
- Erika Shishido (born 1970), female professional wrestler who went by the ring name of "Aja Kong"
- Dee Booher (born 1951), female professional wrestler who went by the ring names of Queen Konga and Queen Kong
- Dwain McCullough (born 1958 - died 2012), professional wrestler that went by the name of Awesome Kong
- Gary Elkerton (born 1964), Australian surfer
- Kong, a common word for a Khasi woman in Khasi language (This language is from Meghalaya, India)
Read more about this topic: Kong
Other articles related to "people":
... The population density was 3,208.8 people per square mile (1,238.9/km²) ... The Census reported that 64,044 people (99.7% of the population) lived in households, 97 (0.2%) lived in non-institutionalized group quarters, and 93 (0.1%) were ... The population was spread out with 15,792 people (24.6%) under the age of 18, 5,574 people (8.7%) aged 18 to 24, 13,848 people (21.6%) aged 25 to 44, 21,414 people (33.3%) aged 45 to 64, and 7,606 ...
... My people were Yoruba, and their culture survived slavery (...) My father found out about that when I was a kid, and it gave me all I needed to know that, hey, I was somebody, even if ... would believe anything positive that you could say about black people ... And that's a terrible burden on black people, because they don't have an accurate idea of their history, which has been either suppressed or distorted ...
... is one of the most well-known examples of the lengths people will go to in order to secure adequate water supplies ... said "We've been in crisis for quite some time because we're now 38 million people and not anymore 18 million people like we were in the late 60s ...
... On the day of his death, Mumbai Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh said "I appeal to people to remain calm and maintain law and order ... People came from across Maharashtra for his funeral including the party's strongholds of Thane, Raigad, Pune, Aurangabad and Konkan regions ... Police said that 200,000 people walked alongside the hearse and were later joined by others on the way to the cremation site ...
... Further information List of people from Bitola Some notable people born in Bitola are Nikolce Noveski, footballer Karolina Gočeva, singer Hristijan Spirovski, pianist ...
Famous quotes containing the word people:
“The planter, the farmer, the mechanic, and the laborer ... form the great body of the people of the United States, they are the bone and sinew of the countrymen who love liberty and desire nothing but equal rights and equal laws.”
—Andrew Jackson (17671845)
“Once you are involved in politics, the most difficult thing is to go for hang [be sentenced to death]....We cant cry over what has happened to us because other people suffer lots more than we suffer.... until you are killed, you cant say that you have really suffered.”
—Ela Ramgobin (b. 1941)
“A sense of humour keen enough to show a man his own absurdities as well as those of other people will keep a man from the commission of all sins, or nearly all, save those that are worth committing.”
—Samuel Butler (18351902)