- Bandit Kings of Ancient China - Released on the Nintendo Entertainment System, MS-DOS, Amiga & Macintosh.
- Celtic Tales: Balor of the Evil Eye - Medieval fantasy simulator.
- Gemfire - Medieval fantasy simulator.
- Genghis Khan
- Kessen, Kessen II and Kessen III - Real time strategy games for the PS2 set in Feudal Japan and China during the Three Kingdoms period.
- L'Empereur - Turn-based strategy game released on the Nintendo Entertainment System
- P.T.O.: Pacific Theater of Operations
- P.T.O. II: Pacific Theater of Operations
- P.T.O. IV: Pacific Theater of Operations
- Naval Ops: Warship Gunner 2
- Nobunaga's Ambition series - published on various platforms.
- Operation Europe: Path to Victory - A strategy game set in Europe during World War II
- Romance of the Three Kingdoms
- Teitoku no Ketsudan (PTO: Pacific Theater of Operations in North America) - Pacific War strategy games.
Other articles related to "strategy games, strategy, game, strategy game, games":
... Usually applied only to certain computer strategy games, the moniker "real-time strategy" (RTS) indicates that the action in the game is continuous, and players will ... Very few non-computer strategy games are real-time one example is Icehouse ... Some players dispute the importance of Strategy in Real Time Strategy games, as skill and manual dexterity are often seen as the deciding factor in this genre of game ...
... Downloadable (D), Browser Based (B) Pirates Constructible Strategy Game Online M, D Stargate Online Trading Card Game M, D Star Chamber The Harbinger Saga M, D ...
... Strategy games include single-player gameplay, multiplayer gameplay, or both ... Single player games will sometimes feature a campaign mode, which involves a series of matches against several artificial intelligence opponents ... Finishing each match or mission will advance the game's plot, often with cut scenes, and some games will reward a completed mission with new abilities or upgrades ...
... The origin of strategy video games is rooted in traditional tabletop strategy games like Chess and Go, as well as board and miniature wargaming ... The first console strategy game was a Risk-like game called Invasion, released in 1972 for the Magnavox Odyssey ... as SSI, Avalon Hill, MicroProse, and Strategic Studies Group released many strategy titles throughout the 1980s ...
... A number of these games and those mentioned earlier and later in this section have even received mainstream press coverage and have helped to establish free gaming as a moderately popular ... These games and others have also helped expand the prevalent Tux genre which started with titles and like A Quest for Herring and are related to the ... More unique games like Neverball, another 3D title, have also been able to carve out their own niches ...
Famous quotes containing the words games and/or strategy:
“Intelligence and war are games, perhaps the only meaningful games left. If any player becomes too proficient, the game is threatened with termination.”
—William Burroughs (b. 1914)
“Our strategy in going after this army is very simple. First we are going to cut it off, and then we are going to kill it.”
—Colin Powell (b. 1937)