- The College of Technology offers four aeronautics degrees; Flight Technology, Aviation Management, Air Traffic Control and Aeronautical Engineering. In 2008, the University began offering a flight training certificate program through an affiliation with Premier Flight Academy in Akron.
- See also: Kent State University Airport.
- The Shannon Rodgers and Jerry Silverman School of Fashion Design and Merchandising is in the top tier of fashion education in the nation by the Council of Fashion Designers of America, with programs in Florence, Hong Kong, and New York City, and affiliations in Paris and London. It was named a top-ten fashion school in the United States by Runway Magazine.
- The Liquid Crystal Institute, founded 1965, is a leader in advanced research and development of liquid crystal optoelectronic materials, technology, and consumer products in connection with the National Science Foundation as part of ALCOM.
- The Hugh A Glauser School of Music offers degrees in music education, music performance, music theory and composition, ethnomusicology, chamber music, and a new minor in jazz studies. The School of Music is one of the few colleges in the US that offer a BM, a MM, and a PhD in music education.
- The Kent/Blossom Music program partners with the Cleveland Orchestra each summer for one of the nation's major classical music festivals.
- The Center for the Study of World Musics is one of the primary centers for ethnomusicology in the United States.
- The School Psychology Program (SPSY) is the only program in the state accredited by APA and NASP. The SPSY program is a 'flagship' training program in Ohio (graduates comprise about 18% of all SPSY professionals in the state).
- The Visual Communication Design Program (VCD ) is one of the most respected in the US. Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD) it is home to Glyphix, an award-winning student-staffed design studio.
- Kent State University is one of few universities with graduate programs in Information Architecture and Knowledge Management (IAKM ) and an online certificate program in Knowledge Management.
- The only institution in Ohio to offer a degree in Library and Information Science, Kent is ranked 20th by U.S. News & World Report.
- Kent's Business School is nationally known and the Financial Engineering program is ranked 13th in the country.
- The College of Architecture and Environmental Design offers one of the most demanding undergraduate architecture programs in the country. The interior design program is one of the top twelve in the nation.
- Kent State has a complete undergraduate, master's, and doctoral sequence in translation and the only dual masters degree program in the nation.
- Faculty, staff and students collaborate at The Institute for the Study and Prevention of Violence (ISPV), bringing together local and national expertise to develop multidisciplinary research that informs the development and implementation of best practices and policy.
- The Center for Peaceful Change, a response to the Kent State shootings of 1970, was established in 1971 "as a living memorial to the events of May 4, 1970." Now known as The Center for Applied Conflict Management (CACM), it developed one of the earliest conflict resolution undergraduate degree programs in the United States.
- Pan-African Studies is one of the oldest African American programs in the nation.
- Kent State offers the only B.A. in American Sign Language in the U.S. east of the Mississippi River.
- The Wick Poetry Center is one of only ten poetry centers in the nation.
- In conjunction with the University of Akron and Youngstown State University, Kent State is a member of the Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine and Pharmacy program, a six-year medical program, one of only 17 combine BS/MD programs in the country.
- Kent State offers the only Bachelor of Science in Public Health (B.S.P.H.) degree in the state of Ohio.
Read more about this topic: Kent State University
Other articles related to "notable programs, program":
... The Eddyville-Blakesburg High School band program, directed by Joe Overton, has been featured in Life Magazine and many other regional publications ...
... Mahtou (Cultural program) Rowja (Academical program) Bemoni Mazerooni Shoo (Cultural program) Cheraghe Soo (Cultural program) Hira (Cultural program) ...
Famous quotes containing the words programs and/or notable:
“There is a delicate balance of putting yourself last and not being a doormat and thinking of yourself first and not coming off as selfish, arrogant, or bossy. We spend the majority of our lives attempting to perfect this balance. When we are successful, we have many close, healthy relationships. When we are unsuccessful, we suffer the natural consequences of damaged and sometimes broken relationships. Children are just beginning their journey on this important life lesson.”
—Cindy L. Teachey. Building Lifelong RelationshipsSchool Age Programs at Work, Child Care Exchange (January 1994)
“Every notable advance in technique or organization has to be paid for, and in most cases the debit is more or less equivalent to the credit. Except of course when its more than equivalent, as it has been with universal education, for example, or wireless, or these damned aeroplanes. In which case, of course, your progress is a step backwards and downwards.”
—Aldous Huxley (18941963)