Join may refer to:
- Join (law), to include additional counts or additional defendants on an indictment
- In mathematics:
- Join (mathematics), a least upper bound of set orders in lattice theory
- Join (topology), an operation combining two topological spaces
- Join (relational algebra), a type of binary operator
- Join (sigma algebra), a refinement of sigma algebras
- Join (SQL), a SQL and relational database operation
- join (Unix), a Unix command
- Join-calculus, a process calculus developed at INRIA for the design of distributed programming languages
- Joins (concurrency library), a concurrent computing API from Microsoft Research
- Join Network Studio of NENU, a non-profit organization of Northeast Normal University
- Joins.com, the website for South Korean newspaper JoongAng Ilbo
Other articles related to "join":
... Under Langone's deliberative model, people are said to join cults primarily because of how they view a particular group ... model", popular with some mental health professionals, individuals choose to join for fulfillment of subconscious psychological needs ... Finally, the "thought reform model" states that people do not join because of their own psychological needs, but because of the group's influence through forms ...
... The sort-merge join (also known as merge-join) is an example of a join algorithm and is used in the implementation of a relational database management system ... The basic problem of a join algorithm is to find, for each distinct value of the join attribute, the set of tuples in each relation which display that value ... The key idea of the Sort-merge algorithm is to first sort the relations by the join attribute, so that interleaved linear scans will encounter these sets at the same time ...
... of the Scouts, becoming local patrol leader before leaving to join the Air Training Corps in 1978 ... After leaving school in May 1980 with seven CSE passes, Sarjeant applied to join the Royal Marines but could not accept the discipline and left after three months ... He also tried to join the Army but stayed only for two days of an induction course ...
... Galt Canadians join the league ... Catharines Falcons join the league ... Port Colborne Recreationists join the league ...
... rock band, Sons Of Liberty, used the picture for their 2007 CD / LP "Join Or Die" (Dim Records) The Latin translation of Join, or Die (Jungite aut Perite) is used as the official motto of the ... An image of the Join, Or Die snake was delivered as a threat to a victim in the NCIS episode "Dead Air" ... 'Join Or Die' is the name given to the special edition of the video game Assassin's Creed 3, it being set during the American Revolutionary War ...
Famous quotes containing the word join:
“Then join you with them like a rib of steel,
To make strength stronger.”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)
“These, his images and happenings of the mind, scrambled from his lips and entertained the listeners for a day, then went to join the thousands of other dreams where they dwelt.”
—Zora Neale Hurston (18911960)
“Dont join the book burners. Dont think you are going to conceal faults by concealing evidence that they ever existed.”
—Dwight D. Eisenhower (18901969)