Join may refer to:
- Join (law), to include additional counts or additional defendants on an indictment
- In mathematics:
- Join (mathematics), a least upper bound of set orders in lattice theory
- Join (topology), an operation combining two topological spaces
- Join (relational algebra), a type of binary operator
- Join (sigma algebra), a refinement of sigma algebras
- Join (SQL), a SQL and relational database operation
- join (Unix), a Unix command
- Join-calculus, a process calculus developed at INRIA for the design of distributed programming languages
- Joins (concurrency library), a concurrent computing API from Microsoft Research
- Join Network Studio of NENU, a non-profit organization of Northeast Normal University
- Joins.com, the website for South Korean newspaper JoongAng Ilbo
Other articles related to "join":
... deliberative model, people are said to join cults primarily because of how they view a particular group ... "psychodynamic model", popular with some mental health professionals, individuals choose to join for fulfillment of subconscious psychological needs ... the "thought reform model" states that people do not join because of their own psychological needs, but because of the group's influence through forms of psychological ...
... Galt Canadians join the league ... Catharines Falcons join the league ... Port Colborne Recreationists join the league ...
... Sons Of Liberty, used the picture for their 2007 CD / LP "Join Or Die" (Dim Records) The Latin translation of Join, or Die (Jungite aut Perite) is used as the official motto of the Philadelphia ... An image of the Join, Or Die snake was delivered as a threat to a victim in the NCIS episode "Dead Air" ... 'Join Or Die' is the name given to the special edition of the video game Assassin's Creed 3, it being set during the American Revolutionary War ...
... The sort-merge join (also known as merge-join) is an example of a join algorithm and is used in the implementation of a relational database management system ... The basic problem of a join algorithm is to find, for each distinct value of the join attribute, the set of tuples in each relation which display that value ... is to first sort the relations by the join attribute, so that interleaved linear scans will encounter these sets at the same time ...
... He was a member of the Scouts, becoming local patrol leader before leaving to join the Air Training Corps in 1978 ... After leaving school in May 1980 with seven CSE passes, Sarjeant applied to join the Royal Marines but could not accept the discipline and left after three months ... He also tried to join the Army but stayed only for two days of an induction course ...
Famous quotes containing the word join:
“If your little savage were left to himself and be allowed to retain all his ignorance, he would in time join the infants reasoning to the grown mans passion, he would strangle his father and sleep with his mother.”
—Denis Diderot (17131784)
“And out again I curve and flow
To join the brimming river,
For men may come and men may go,
But I go on forever.”
—Alfred Tennyson (18091892)
“Each child has his own individual expressions to offer to the world. That expression can take many forms, from artistic interests, a way of thinking, athletic activities, a particular style of dressing, musical talents, different hobbies, etc. Our job is to join our children in discovering who they are.”
—Stephanie Martson (20th century)