- 1942-7. Scholar of Winchester College
- 1947-51. Attended Balliol College, Oxford on a scholarship.
- 1951. BA with 1st Class Honours, Greats.
- 1951-3. Harmsworth Senior Scholar, Merton College, Oxford.
- 1952. John Locke Scholarship, Oxford University.
- 1953-6. Junior Research Fellow, Merton College, Oxford.
- 1956-9. Fellow and Assistant Tutor, Corpus Christi College, Cambridge.
- 1957-8. Jane Eliza Procter Visiting Fellow, Princeton University.
- 1959-60. Leverhulme Research Fellow, the University of Leeds.
- 1960-96. Fellow and Tutor of Merton College, Oxford.
- 1988. Elected a Fellow of the British Academy.
- 1990-6. Reader in Philosophy, Oxford University.
- 1991-3. President, British Society for the Philosophy of Science.
Read more about this topic: John Lucas (philosopher)
Other articles related to "career highlights":
... Also in 1950, she battled sea-sickness after journeying to France to "take part in TV's first-ever cross-Channel hook-up," which included scenes of "Jennifer.. ... going through Customs and being shown round the Port of Calais." ...
Famous quotes containing the word career:
“He was at a starting point which makes many a mans career a fine subject for betting, if there were any gentlemen given to that amusement who could appreciate the complicated probabilities of an arduous purpose, with all the possible thwartings and furtherings of circumstance, all the niceties of inward balance, by which a man swings and makes his point or else is carried headlong.”
—George Eliot [Mary Ann (or Marian)