- 1942-7. Scholar of Winchester College
- 1947-51. Attended Balliol College, Oxford on a scholarship.
- 1951. BA with 1st Class Honours, Greats.
- 1951-3. Harmsworth Senior Scholar, Merton College, Oxford.
- 1952. John Locke Scholarship, Oxford University.
- 1953-6. Junior Research Fellow, Merton College, Oxford.
- 1956-9. Fellow and Assistant Tutor, Corpus Christi College, Cambridge.
- 1957-8. Jane Eliza Procter Visiting Fellow, Princeton University.
- 1959-60. Leverhulme Research Fellow, the University of Leeds.
- 1960-96. Fellow and Tutor of Merton College, Oxford.
- 1988. Elected a Fellow of the British Academy.
- 1990-6. Reader in Philosophy, Oxford University.
- 1991-3. President, British Society for the Philosophy of Science.
Read more about this topic: John Lucas (philosopher)
Other articles related to "career highlights":
... Also in 1950, she battled sea-sickness after journeying to France to "take part in TV's first-ever cross-Channel hook-up," which included scenes of "Jennifer.. ... going through Customs and being shown round the Port of Calais." ...
Famous quotes containing the word career:
“I began my editorial career with the presidency of Mr. Adams, and my principal object was to render his administration all the assistance in my power. I flattered myself with the hope of accompanying him through [his] voyage, and of partaking in a trifling degree, of the glory of the enterprise; but he suddenly tacked about, and I could follow him no longer. I therefore waited for the first opportunity to haul down my sails.”
—William Cobbett (17621835)