In Arts and Media
- Blind John Davis (1913–1985), American blues pianist
- John Scarlett Davis (1804–1845), English painter
- John F. Davis (artist) (born 1958), Australian artist, painter and video editor
- John H. Davis (author) (1929–2012), American author
- John Davis (pianist) (born 1957), American classical pianist, concert performer, recording artist, and historian
- John Davis (producer) (born 1953), U.S. film producer
- John Davis (singer-songwriter) (born 1974), American Superdrag member
- John Davis (sculptor) (1936–1999), Australian sculptor
- John A. Davis (born 1963), American animator
- John Philip Davis (1784–1862), portrait and subject painter
Other articles related to "arts, art, media":
... of Photography Benjamin Bellas George Bellows (Chicago Academy of Fine Arts) Wafaa Bilal James Blomfield (Chicago Academy of Fine Arts) Stan Brakhage Christopher Bratton Nick Cave Francis Chapin ...
... there was an overhaul of many of the arts, with the intention of producing new and innovative art that reflected the benefits of a socialist society ... At the same time, other art forms flourished in the People's Republic during the Revolution ... Another form of the arts which was influenced, much in the same style as was the traditional theatre, was popular song ...
... The Lied Center for Performing Arts is a performing arts venue used primarily for orchestra concerts and theatre performances ... The Mary Riepma Ross Media Arts Center is a two screen theater located on the UNL City Campus ...
... Due to North Adams being the location of MASS MoCA, there are numerous art galleries spread throughout the city, and some old mills have been coverted to lofts for artists to live and work in ...
... The School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC) is one of America's largest accredited independent schools of art and design, located in the Loop in Chicago ... the museum of the same name, and "The Art Institute of Chicago" or "Chicago Art Institute" often refers to either entity ... News World Report as one of the top graduate art programs in the nation, as well as by Columbia University's National Arts Journalism survey as the most influential art school in the United States ...
Famous quotes containing the words media and/or arts:
“The media have just buried the last yuppie, a pathetic creature who had not heard the news that the great pendulum of public conciousness has just swung from Greed to Compassion and from Tex-Mex to meatballs.”
—Barbara Ehrenreich (b. 1941)
“Note too that a faithful study of the liberal arts humanizes character and permits it not to be cruel.”
—Ovid (Publius Ovidius Naso)